News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

ppete1975

One of the worst parts about this decision is the change in the world and americans more than anyone. The obesity and general health is much more an issue than it was in the early 80s. Add in we are finally making mental health an important discussion instead of swept under the rug.

This could have been a really cool health pavilion again, with emphasis on
Physical exercise
Proper diet
MENTAL HEALTH
Understanding people with disabilities
Among other things

And it could have all be done in a non clinical way but edutainment.

I would also think they could have went with multiple sponsors to do different things inside the structure instead of one for the entire thing.
Health insurance company, planet fitness, peloton, concept 2, trek, etc etc etc. which could have showcased their newest things

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
One of the worst parts about this decision is the change in the world and americans more than anyone. The obesity and general health is much more an issue than it was in the early 80s. Add in we are finally making mental health an important discussion instead of swept under the rug.

Physical exercise
Proper diet
MENTAL HEALTH
Among other things

I would also think they could have went with multiple sponsors to do different things inside the structure instead of one for the entire thing.
Health insurance company, planet fitness, peloton, concept 2, trek, etc etc etc. which could have showcased their newest things
But this makes....too much sense :cool:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Physical exercise
Proper diet
MENTAL HEALTH
Among other things

BuT pEoPlE dOn'T wAnT eDuTaInMeNt...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Celebrate the joy of life.

Oh.

At least it’s not being demolished so a better idea can come along. Some day.

But will that be before or after Bob & Josh have sucked all the creativity and life out of the park?

I fully expect this will get pushed even further onto the backburner as soon as a few economic developments happen. They don't even have to finish Moana if Bob sticks his finger in the electrical outlet... I mean, holds his finger up to check the economic winds... and the sharp pencil people say, "Cut costs NOW!".

jmuboy

My real guess is Play and Moana open next summer as the big new things for EPCOT

I guesss they’ll tell more in dates at D23

DoleWhipDrea

As much as I would love to hear that Disney decided to go in a different direction with the pavilion, they had the set pieces built some time ago and a good amount of it is probably already set up inside...and they were testing lighting earlier this year.

But I am really curious as to what the hold up is. I really thought that they wanted to get it open when GotG debuted.

DC0703

As much as I would love to hear that Disney decided to go in a different direction with the pavilion, they had the set pieces built some time ago and a good amount of it is probably already set up inside...and they were testing lighting earlier this year.

But I am really curious as to what the hold up is. I really thought that they wanted to get it open when GotG debuted.
Rumors are that the interactive nature of the attraction wasn't pandemic-friendly, so it has been on ice.

DoleWhipDrea

Rumors are that the interactive nature of the attraction wasn't pandemic-friendly, so it has been on ice.
Sure, that made sense back in 2020. But now? Kids can get vaccinated as early as 6 months. However anyone feels about safety in the pandemic, Disney has nearly finished re-opening all of the other offerings they had that were suspended for safety concerns.

DC0703

Sure, that made sense back in 2020. But now? Kids can get vaccinated as early as 6 months. However anyone feels about safety in the pandemic, Disney has nearly finished re-opening all of the other offerings they had that were suspended for safety concerns.
Don't know if this is still the case, but when I was in the parks in May, a lot of the interactive elements in queue lines were still not active

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom