News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

Timothy_Q

Hopefully they're not planning on removing the trees from the other side as well

They're the only thing hiding GotG from FW East right now

Last edited:

Bocabear

Wow with the lack of creativity we have seen in the parks lately it is surprising to see such a big building for WDI...I am assuming it is empty...

Timothy_Q

Wow with the lack of creativity we have seen in the parks lately it is surprising to see such a big building for WDI...I am assuming it is empty...

FigmentJedi

They can't do the Home Run or even the Grand Slam (if there's minimal use of IP) because Universal owns the theme park rights to the Marvel characters required to do that.
Universal only has control over Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four and Avengers characters. Big Hero 6 and Guardians of the Galaxy do not count as they were either super niche (as the Guardians we know were just a bunch of random space characters put together on a team around 2007) or nonexistent at the time of Universal's contract.
Like the whole point of the Disney Big Hero 6's existence was "Let's reinvent the most niche Marvel team we can find in the back catalog and get away with it because nobody really cares that deeply for Marvel's late-90s attempt at cashing in on the anime boom".

The_Jobu

Universal only has control over Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four and Avengers characters. Big Hero 6 and Guardians of the Galaxy do not count as they were either super niche (as the Guardians we know were just a bunch of random space characters put together on a team around 2007) or nonexistent at the time of Universal's contract.
Like the whole point of the Disney Big Hero 6's existence was "Let's reinvent the most niche Marvel team we can find in the back catalog and get away with it because nobody really cares that deeply for Marvel's late-90s attempt at cashing in on the anime boom".

I always felt it's a bit odd Uni is content with the Marvel they have. Why don't they maximize it? They could make their own Avengers island.

ObscurityPoint

As nostalgic as I get for classic Epcot, I have to admit that I’m very excited for this pavilion even though it will be an IP-haven. The pavilion will finally be put to good use and even though most activities/attractions in it will be character based, it looks like it’s going to be a ton of fun and very innovative. I’m anticipating this to be a modern-day Imagination Labs- an area dedicated to kids discovery and interaction, but with 21st century technology and characters kids will find more entertaining. Say what you will about Epcot’s new direction- but a park being dedicated to discovery, nature, and the countries of the world as opposed to a generic IP-loaded theme park or a dying 80s ghost town. I like how Imagineers are really focusing on staying true to a new ”idea” for Epcot-celebration and unity- rather than just lazily slapping rides in the park. It’s truly going to be an amazing park, combining beloved Disney films, vintage splashes for Epcot Center, and the creative vision that Walt had with an eco-friendly, futuristic park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom