News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

DreamfinderGuy

So, if I’m reading Martin right, is it still going to be referred to as Wonders internally? It seems like that’d be quite the outdated term especially by this point. That would be like referring to Guardians as Energy still

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So, if I’m reading Martin right, is it still going to be referred to as Wonders internally? It seems like that’d be quite the outdated term especially by this point. That would be like referring to Guardians as Energy still
The kiddy overlay in the dome is a short / medium placeholder. The facility is still Wonders.

DreamfinderGuy

The kiddy overlay in the dome is a short / medium placeholder. The facility is still Wonders.
It seems like the Wonders name would be dropped by now but it’s somewhat nice to know that it’ll live on. This project is giving it the upkeep it’s desperately needed for over a decade. Any idea if the pink logo is just for the kid stuff or is it the official new marking symbol for the dome? Have plans for the future beyond the ‘21 stuff even been discussed yet?

lazyboy97o

It seems like the Wonders name would be dropped by now but it’s somewhat nice to know that it’ll live on. This project is giving it the upkeep it’s desperately needed for over a decade. Any idea if the pink logo is just for the kid stuff or is it the official new marking symbol for the dome? Have plans for the future beyond the ‘21 stuff even been discussed yet?
Its not unusual for facilities to retain old names. There are all sorts of things that are named and documented and it doesn’t make sense to go through them all and update them when the name is internal.

ToTBellHop

Especially if this is short/medium!

If 'long' is like, as permanent as Cinderella's Castle, the shelf-life of a 'medium-term' placeholder is like, what, 30 years?
It’s planned to be replaced by an exciting Medicare Part D ride in 2052 where guests are invited to guess their copays. Wrong answer=100 foot drop.

I’m pumped.

I can share this early concept:

1574087505180.gif

Disneyson

I'm very worried about this building. It sounds like they're putting DisneyQuest in - Animation Academy, Digital Games... with some character meet-n-greets... It kinda sounds like Cali's Animation building.

I kinda wouldn't mind an updated clone of it... but not for the content. Just for the empty screen atrium. That's really the best part.

trainplane3

I'm very worried about this building. It sounds like they're putting DisneyQuest in - Animation Academy, Digital Games... with some character meet-n-greets... It kinda sounds like Cali's Animation building.

I kinda wouldn't mind an updated clone of it... but not for the content. Just for the empty screen atrium. That's really the best part.
That's my feeling on it too.

I don't remember if these are windows but here's an update on the paneling:

DreamfinderGuy

That's my feeling on it too.

I don't remember if these are windows but here's an update on the paneling:

Hmmm. If those are windows then they’re right in the old Cranium Preshow holding room. Appears to align almost perfectly with where the screen used to be, blocking a small hallway before it. This further complicates the mystery 🤔

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom