News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

DreamfinderGuy

Posted quite a bit tonight on that Wonders page. Just scroll through recent tweets. In the meantime here’s some of my other shots
E429DE30-6C85-4E40-B255-51D3C37637AC.jpeg
C8B8EEF1-7030-4A66-8A95-9C59ADD1EA0E.jpeg
8286EF2E-4C5E-485F-B9A5-2698BF0A2B75.jpeg
081254D7-F182-4058-B204-C5DF64713887.jpeg
2D6A7E08-10F8-4285-BA7A-B027F120791B.jpeg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Even more strange is that Wonders is listed as the location to pick up your AP stuff for Food & Wine again. My theory is that it’s just gonna be tables on the ramp or right outside the ramp, because there’s no way it’s in The Making of Me again

That may be text left over from last year cut-and-paste. For two years after Cinderella Dream Lights (D-Lights) became Frozen frostworks, the website was still calling it Cinderella D-Lights (until I finally sent them an email). This led people to keep surmising that the Frozen thing was just a flash in the pan and the D-Lights were coming back.

Fools! Bwahahahaha!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Temper your expectations. This will be a modest overlay of the current interior of the dome. Lots of cosmetic changes, but with the pathway and positioning layout of Wonders of Life - which will be fine for the target demographic.

Food and beverage will be a resurrected Pure and Simple. Three IP based “attractions” in the walk through / playground sense will be around the perimeter. There will be a simple stage show exhibit, reminiscent of the Goofy About Health / Anacomical Players set up.

The central area will be remodelled but remain the same rough layout.

Aside from a short switchback in and out of Frontiers of Medicine the Cranium and Simulator areas will not be utilised. And yes, I understand the ceiling windows will be covered for a projection effect on the interior dome.

WDW862

Temper your expectations. This will be a modest overlay of the current interior of the dome. Lots of cosmetic changes, but with the pathway and positioning layout of Wonders of Life - which will be fine for the target demographic.

Food and beverage will be a resurrected Pure and Simple. Three IP based “attractions” in the walk through / playground sense will be around the perimeter. There will be a simple stage show exhibit, reminiscent of the Goofy About Health / Anacomical Players set up.

Aside from a short switchback in and out of Frontiers of Medicine the Cranium and Simulator areas will not be utilised. And yes, I understand the ceiling windows will be covered for a projection effect on the interior dome.

Will there be anything remotely related to technology and science?

DreamfinderGuy

Wow, what a disappointment

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Strange. That’s a pretty massive area, how do they intend to hide it? Curtains? A Wall? Seems like it would stick out like a sore thumb otherwise
Pass. It’s not that big a space from the onstage area even if it does wrap around the north west perimeter. I dare say some of the set decor will mask it plus certain... other things that will be placed in front of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom