News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

KDM31091

Why is Disney so adamant on not using this building for anything? As much as I hate the onslaught of IP everywhere, Inside Out is a very logical way to do a new version of a WoL pavilion. Plus, health/fitness are popular topics. There's just a ton of wasted potential with the pavilion. It has been languishing for close to 20 years at this point (using for festivals really never counted IMO).

The fact that they did the roof work signifies to me that they at some point intend on using it for something, but I don't understand the hesitation. Someone on FB said it was an asbestos issue, but I think WoL is too new of a build to have that problem. Plus if it were truly unsafe they would not have been using it for festivals, nor would they rent out the lounge space (presumably, you still can do that).

Homemade Imagineering

Don't be shocked if SSE gets bumped down so they can do a Imagination pavilion redevelopment using Inside Out in Magic Eye as bait for the suits to give Figment a better ride.
Yeah that would make sense, though as much as I’d love for Imagination to go first I really want them to rebuild CC as an Inside Out show. Magic Eye would be fine, it’s not like any of the films in that theater were even related to Dreamfinder & Figment (though Magic Journeys was a little more interwoven with its music in the queue) but I digress. SSE is still my favorite attraction and has retained much of what makes it a solid experience, descent issues aside of course. I know there’s work to be done on the track, but I’d much rather experience SSE any day than JIIWF. Anyways, hopefully they’re wiser and choose WoL, the park needs the capacity, and we’d be better off given WoL & JII still get their worthy successors. Magic Eye can receive something completely new, that space has much less to live up to even despite some of the great films that were shown there

aladdin2007

It won't happen that fast. But after seeing early IO2 numbers, do not be shocked if Magic Eye/Wonders bluesky happens at D23.

Actually. Gonna go whole hog.

Don't be shocked if SSE gets bumped down so they can do a Imagination pavilion redevelopment using Inside Out in Magic Eye as bait for the suits to give Figment a better ride.
I don't know how much longer they can keep bumping that though...its going to need attention sooner not later.

Sneakman

It won't happen that fast. But after seeing early IO2 numbers, do not be shocked if Magic Eye/Wonders bluesky happens at D23.

Actually. Gonna go whole hog.

Don't be shocked if SSE gets bumped down so they can do an Imagination pavilion redevelopment using Inside Out in Magic Eye as bait for the suits to give Figment a better ride.
Yeah, I’m happy with that. As much as I want something to go in WoL, I don’t think wdw management will be willing to spend that much money on a ground up Epcot project, because to them it “is not a priority“ anymore for new things now that the overhaul is done. Plus I just want figment to get a good update, so that overrides anything else.

eddie104

I don’t think wdw management will be willing to spend that much money on a ground up Epcot project, because to them it “is not a priority“ anymore for new things now that the overhaul is done
If they were given a budget and edict from Disney execs I think they would have no choice.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Why is Disney so adamant on not using this building for anything? As much as I hate the onslaught of IP everywhere, Inside Out is a very logical way to do a new version of a WoL pavilion. Plus, health/fitness are popular topics. There's just a ton of wasted potential with the pavilion. It has been languishing for close to 20 years at this point (using for festivals really never counted IMO).

The fact that they did the roof work signifies to me that they at some point intend on using it for something, but I don't understand the hesitation. Someone on FB said it was an asbestos issue, but I think WoL is too new of a build to have that problem. Plus if it were truly unsafe they would not have been using it for festivals, nor would they rent out the lounge space (presumably, you still can do that).

Health and fitness have become to "political".

Andrew25

It will have to wait for TT to be completed. You can't have TT, SSE and Imagination all torn up, not after all the time it took to get the middle "completed"
I wouldn't mind, rip the bandaid and get it done. After waiting 5 years for Epcot to be "complete", I'd rather they just do it all at the same time.

It's a lot of capacity down, but Epcot still has a ridiculous amount of attraction capacity available.

eddie104

I wouldn't mind, rip the bandaid and get it done. After waiting 5 years for Epcot to be "complete", I'd rather they just do it all at the same time.

It's a lot of capacity down, but Epcot still has a ridiculous amount of attraction capacity available.
Exactly.

Considering the reception for everything completed has been mixed why not actually invest into the park again how it should’ve been the first time around.

dreamfinding

Don't be shocked if SSE gets bumped down so they can do an Imagination pavilion redevelopment using Inside Out in Magic Eye as bait for the suits to give Figment a better ride.
I’m sick of SSE continually getting the short end of the stick here. But if they actually convince corporate to green light a proper Figment refurb, I guess it’s worth it.

Sneakman

I’m sick of SSE continually getting the short end of the stick here. But if they actually convince corporate to green light a proper Figment refurb, I guess it’s worth it.
I think we all know why it’s happening first…

Attachments

• IMG_2454.gif
    IMG_2454.gif
    446.6 KB · Views: 27

Andrew25

That would be the solution. CR has a rumored capacity of 2,000 guests per hour.
Problem is the queue... indoor queue only holds about ~30 mins or so worth of it.

I hate to say this, but if today (first day of TT 2.0 closure) is an indication of anything, Epcot feels cooked capacity wise.
Epcot is having a bad day, just so happens to be timed w/ TT's closure. All of the Land's attractions AND SSE are closed temporarily. That's a HUGE chunk of capacity.

UniversalIsMid98

In the Parks
Yes
Hot Take: I’m not happy that this got canceled(even though Disney didn’t confirm it yet but we all know for a fact that this is not happening anymore) and yet we got Commuicore Hall that only existed so they can have the same three Mickey & Friends characters from the old building appear together again instead of expanding the lineup to four or five characters to meet…, what a complete mess this whole transformation was.., the Play pavilion could have been a decent, yet fresh addition to the park despite its dated nature

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom