News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

dreamfinding

Problem is the queue... indoor queue only holds about ~30 mins or so worth of it.
I wish they would’ve skipped one of the pre shows and turned it into actual queue space.

Epcot is having a bad day, just so happens to be timed w/ TT's closure. All of the Land's attractions AND SSE are closed temporarily. That's a HUGE chunk of capacity.
IMG_7229.png

An exceptionally bad day it seems. Not shown is rat, which is listed as 100 mins.

dreamfinding

Yeah, both preshows could have easily been combined into one. But even then that's not much added space. Biggest issue is that they didn't add an extended queue immediately off to the side of the building. Kind of bizarre how it all came together.
I mean, there was that weird 3 month period where there were umbrellas/line chains off the side. No idea what that was about.

eddie104

Hot Take: I’m not happy that this got canceled(even though Disney didn’t confirm it yet but we all know for a fact that this is not happening anymore) and yet we got Commuicore Hall that only existed so they can have the same three Mickey & Friends characters from the old building appear together again instead of expanding the lineup to four or five characters to meet…, what a complete mess this whole transformation was.., the Play pavilion could have been a decent, yet fresh addition to the park despite its dated nature
I think that’s very much debatable because the concept for this was flimsy at best.

I don’t think the budget was very large either so that would’ve been potentially a huge step down from its previous state.

UNCgolf

I’m sick of SSE continually getting the short end of the stick here. But if they actually convince corporate to green light a proper Figment refurb, I guess it’s worth it.

SSE getting the short end of the stick seems like a good thing recently, since it was apparently going to be stuffed full of Disney IP!

Feels like we dodged a bullet that that particular refurb was cancelled.

Centauri Space Station

Hot Take: I’m not happy that this got canceled(even though Disney didn’t confirm it yet but we all know for a fact that this is not happening anymore) and yet we got Commuicore Hall that only existed so they can have the same three Mickey & Friends characters from the old building appear together again instead of expanding the lineup to four or five characters to meet…, what a complete mess this whole transformation was.., the Play pavilion could have been a decent, yet fresh addition to the park despite its dated nature
it was already demolished when covid hit and they had to replace it with something while SSE seemed more of an ipification of the ride

Scamp08

Me realizing the Play pavilion logo is still present in the main entrance flag lolView attachment 795538
I know people say the ‘play pavilion’ was cancelled but maybe they might bring back a budget cut version.

They spent money fixing the roof so they probably have plans to use it eventually. Even if it reverted back to being an event space, anything would be better than it being fenced off and abandoned.

It’s a big building that could help with capacity.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom