News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

V_L_Raptor

I was thinking. So the life pavilion needed roof work in any event. Disney folds the roof work into the play project the cancels the play project and all the work is a write off and the roof is fixed for when/if they ever decide to do anything with the pavilion.

And while it sits there unused, is that a tax savings since it’s not a space used by guests in the park?

I am seeing that, instead of building and growing, lately, Disney loves that tax write off stuff. Maybe the pandemic taught them some new tax tricks?

If I remember correctly, roof work went on a few years ago, well before the pandemic.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I need to do some research, but I think I remember them still working on the roof after they announced Play.

You are correct. Here is a post about roof work from August of 2020.

S.I.R. the Robot

In the Parks
No
no more stitch! lol
Yet they won't bring back S.I.R. and they defo won't bring back Clint Reed (my name for the volunteer.) Rest in paradise, my two lovely guys.

Seriously, they just can't refit Cranium Command with Inside Out?? They're literally gonna add Joy to the pavilion, but the CC space seems like a no-brainer...

KDM31091

It is kind of crazy that this pavilion has been more or less abandoned for almost 20 years now. Yes, it has been used in some capacity for festivals, but the main attraction spaces have been unused for all intents and purposes. It's time to do something with it and open it.

Epcot81Fan

It is kind of crazy that this pavilion has been more or less abandoned for almost 20 years now. Yes, it has been used in some capacity for festivals, but the main attraction spaces have been unused for all intents and purposes. It's time to do something with it and open it.
Not crazy at all once you realize they couldn’t care less.

Wonders of Life, Imagination, Living Seas, Spaceship Earth? They are more than fine with letting them rot into oblivion.

S.I.R. the Robot

In the Parks
No
I think they don't like the inside of the human body, specifically ladies of the '80s exploring it. Too bad, Disney. I like that kind of stuff.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Alicia Stella has mentioned that “people seem to think Inside Out is coming to EPCOT“. Not as a replacement of Imagination as old rumors said instead it would go in here.
@Henry Mystic already mentioned that Inside Out was slated for EPCOT (pending back and forth greenlighting process). And not as a replacement for Figment, but maybe something Figmenty, too.

She's really running down the list of our insider's info, isn't she? ;)

See here:

Animal Kingdom:
  • Tropical America’s replacing Dinoland
    • Indiana Jones Adventure,
    • Encanto dark ride,
    • Central American animals throughout the land
  • Lion King ride for Africa,
  • Zootopia show replacing “It’s tough to be a bug,”
  • new night show with more fountains and drones.

Magic Kingdom:
  • Beyond Big Thunder (amounts to the size of Galaxy’s Edge [which is 14 acres])
    • Site work to begin shortly
    • Frontierland expansion
    • and a new Villains Land .
  • Additionally, the Moana boat ride originally slated for Animal Kingdom will go in Adventureland between Pirates and Jungle Cruise.
  • Tomorrowland Speedway will be different.
  • Big Thunder Mountain receives an update.
  • Stitch will not be in its current state for much longer.
  • New Night Parade.

Epcot:
  • Test Track redo opens summer of 2025,
  • The Spaceship Earth update will likely be announced and will start once Test Track comes back online.
  • I’d expect to hear one more announcement for EPCOT.
  • Keep a close eye on the Figment project on Disney Plus.
  • I've heard Inside Out will find someplace to go at EPCOT,
  • but remember, some of these projects aren't as far along as others.
  • Inside Out and Figment should both have a larger presence at WDW in the coming years.

Hollywood Studios:
  • New land to replace Launch Bay.
  • Rock n’ Rollercoaster retheme as well.
  • Falcon mission update at HWS and DL.

Disneyland Resort:
  • New, unique Avatar land using the Shanghai pirates boat technology at DLR.
  • PeopleMover comes back in a new way at Disneyland Park
  • alongside significant changes to the land.
  • Hollywoodland will go away.
  • A Disney Springs-esque shopping district will be officially announced alongside plans for a new transit configuration for the resort.
  • The Avenger’s E-ticket gets an actual announcement.

New Gates:
  • There are plans for new parks at both Disneyland Resort Anaheim and Walt Disney World after all of these expansions (and a few others). [that 'after' means after the 10 years of the $60B investment]

Walt Disney Studios:
  • Gets its own Avatar land
  • and a Lion King land.
  • Other misc. project in the existing part of the park.

Disneyland Parc Paris:
  • A larger than Soarin’ sum, so perhaps Soarin’/Soaring 2.0,
  • Indiana Jones Adventure,
  • or even a new version of Rise of the Resistance.
  • I’d fully expect either a new land or two new rides including an E-ticket in total.
  • Space Mountain will be back at DLP!

Shanghai:
  • New Marvel Land,
  • Toy Story Mania as well.

Hong Kong
  • will get an E-ticket in Tomorrowland still.

Surferboy567

@Henry Mystic already mentioned that Inside Out was slated for EPCOT (pending back and forth greenlighting process). And not as a replacement for Figment, but maybe something Figmenty, too.

She's really running down the list of our insider's info, isn't she? ;)

See here:
Just reporting what I heard on the podcast. It doesn’t mean it’s true or anything but she’s quite accurate when it comes to Universal. So that’s why I mentioned it.

EDIT: Wow, what she said is super similar to that list almost to a tee.

Last edited:

DreamfinderGuy

Apart from what Alicia has said, I've heard nothing about Inside Out. That said, I have heard that they've been looking at Wonders again recently. It would make sense to me if these two are related, however I must reiterate that this happening would be extremely funny to see after they gutted Cranium Command.

Surferboy567

Apart from what Alicia has said, I've heard nothing about Inside Out. That said, I have heard that they've been looking at Wonders again recently. It would make sense to me if these two are related, however I must reiterate that this happening would be extremely funny to see after they gutted Cranium Command.
I just find it wild in general that an EPCOT fan (Pete Docter) managed to make the entire plot of Cranium Command with a few elements changed around into one of Pixar’s best and highly successful films. That’s just insane to me, he continues to also champion EPCOT if rumors are true that he personally stood up for Figment.

peng

Personally if I had to redo wonders of life and had to stick to IP only stuff, I'd turn it into a wakandan outreach center, doing it as a pavillion in world showcase would feel insulting. You could fit a land's worth of stuff in there anyways.

DreamfinderGuy

Guardians isn’t in world showcase though so not really sure how that’s insulting? It’s also the best attraction in EPCOT and possibly in WDW. Sure it “doesn’t fit” but it’s not in world showcase.
They refer to it as an "other world showcase" pavilion in various places. I assumed it was a remnant of when they were desperately trying to find a way to justify its existence at EPCOT since it's never mentioned in the attraction but they still put it on merchandise. It's insulting because it's trying to pass off a comic book world as doing a cultural exchange as if it were real in the park that does real world cultural exchange.

Disstevefan1

Disney simply wants to spend as little money as is possible to add capacity in any park.

I would like to see Disney put a big beautiful omnimover dark ride in the Wonders of life (aka play) pavilion focused on the body and health.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom