News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

Phineas

A Big Hero 6 omnimover dark ride would be great!
Big Hero 6 would fit perfectly-we’re attending a San Fransokyo technology fair before things go awry. Like the current Imagination concept, only good.

Heck, I just want them to make ANY new long form Omnimover ride, regardless of theme. Epcot basically perfected them as an art form, and then quickly removed 80% of them and pretended they never existed. No, I don’t want to design a car. YOU design a car.

Bocabear

Big Hero 6 would fit perfectly-we’re attending a San Fransokyo technology fair before things go awry. Like the current Imagination concept, only good.

Heck, I just want them to make ANY new long form Omnimover ride, regardless of theme. Epcot basically perfected them as an art form, and then quickly removed 80% of them and pretended they never existed. No, I don’t want to design a car. YOU design a car.
Well...not quickly, but they did remove them, and they were amazing.
I guess people don't want that sort of immersive amazing experience anymore... Just quick selfie stations and instagram moments... or at least that seems to be the trend in what Disney is willing to invest in...

Robbiem

I'd fully embrace a revisited Weather Pavilion concept. But it'd have to be tied to an IP, atleast in part. Ideas?
How about Kamino the storm planet from Star Wars? You could have a cloning attraction and call it clone wars 😀✌️

Seriously you could do something tied to National Geographic I guess or maybe use someone like Lugwig Von Drake or Dr Bunsen as host but I doubt Disney wants to do edutainment anymore

I still think the original epcot concepts health, energy, transportation etc were broad enough that they could have been updated, including IP if they wanted to, and still been relevant but they’ve chosen a different path

Phicinfan

I'd fully embrace a revisited Weather Pavilion concept. But it'd have to be tied to an IP, atleast in part. Ideas?
I have always been facinated by the weather. I would love this idea...

However, are there concerns that Disney might not like this kind of "emphasis" with all the extreme weather going on lately in the country and damage and destruction?

Granted some of this if they did it could be to emphasize how to safely survive extreme weather.

Chef idea Mickey`=

They could go back to a health pavilion hosted by Big Hero 6...
This is ideal, after all the institute would now be about honoring Tadashi with Baymax purpose in helping other's maintaining Health. The attraction doesn't have to fully be geared towards that but of what we already know Baymax's purpose made created intentions for helping the world.

The WOL pavilion exterior could be either all white with the black eyes of Baymax on it or if that's too far fetched a combination of a black and white facade with a red logo.

It would include incorporate everything that San Fransokyo currently has to offer just setted in a different way inside a futuristic institute building expo from San Fransokyo!

Dr.GrantSeeker

This is ideal, after all the institute would now be about honoring Tadashi with Baymax purpose in helping other's maintaining Health. The attraction doesn't have to fully be geared towards that but of what we already know Baymax's purpose made created intentions for helping the world.

The WOL pavilion exterior could be either all white with the black eyes of Baymax on it or if that's too far fetched a combination of a black and white facade with a red logo.

It would include incorporate everything that San Fransokyo currently has to offer just setted in a different way inside a futuristic institute building expo from San Fransokyo!
This is a great idea and I think a lot of people would love to see WoL used as a health pavilion again and Disney gets to use a popular IP. It’s a win win. But it should stay painted yellow. Disney has a bad track record at keeping white buildings clean

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This is a great idea and I think a lot of people would love to see WoL used as a health pavilion again and Disney gets to use a popular IP. It’s a win win. But it should stay painted yellow. Disney has a bad track record at keeping white buildings clean
They could always just replace the roof if it's dirty!

Gran Fiesta

It really is sad that this building has been shuttered for so long. We just got back from a trip and it was my brother's fiancé first time at Disney World. She really wanted to go into the building that "had a really cool roof" and I had to sadly explain that we couldn't go into it because it had been shuttered for so long.

She didn't understand why they don't just put something in it because the roof gets people attention and gives the expectation that there is something amazing inside.

DreamfinderGuy

It really is sad that this building has been shuttered for so long. We just got back from a trip and it was my brother's fiancé first time at Disney World. She really wanted to go into the building that "had a really cool roof" and I had to sadly explain that we couldn't go into it because it had been shuttered for so long.

She didn't understand why they don't just put something in it because the roof gets people attention and gives the expectation that there is something amazing inside.
Well, 30 years ago there was! They let the trees grow up and hide it for so many years, but then took them down when they thought the building was actually going to reopen. It's just kind of an unfortunate victim of circumstance all around.

Animaniac93-98

Inside Out director Pete Docter made a video cameo at RetroMagic to discuss how he worked on Cranium Command. Makes the connection between the two concepts even more coincidental.

The movie is such an obvious IP overlay for Wonders of Life it's maddening how many other IPs have actually made it into the park, but not this one.

Brer Panther

The movie is such an obvious IP overlay for Wonders of Life it's maddening how many other IPs have actually made it into the park, but not this one.
Iger really, really wants to shoehorn the movie into the Imagination pavilion. When the Imagineers pitched the idea of replacing Journey Into Imagination With Figment with an Inside Out ride to Pete Docter, he said, "But that's the Figment ride. You can't get rid of Figment, people love Figment."

Remember those guest surveys about Figment? Those were orchestrated by him to prove to the higher-ups that people still love Figment. Alas, Iger doesn't seem to get the hint.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom