News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

Cmdr_Crimson

I think this would be an excellent location for an ultimate Club Cool. A huge rotunda of free drink machines serving every single drink under the entire Coca Cola umbrella from every single nation around the earth. A beacon of unity in a divided world. The current Club Cool is an okay start but much too small.
That's actually not a bad idea. Disney will never do it, no ROI for them, but if done right would be pretty nice.
Sounds similar to what World of Coke is (has) in Atlanta, but unless Coke wants to pony up the money, I don't see it happening. Plus, If you thought there were a ton of complaint of a Guardians of the Galaxy pavilion in EPCOT, I can only imagine the complaints we would get from what is essentially a "Coke" pavilion.
Also, They have the big Coca-Cola store and Soda Bar at The Springs...So, why not a Pavilion..

Last edited:

No Name

That's actually not a bad idea. Disney will never do it, no ROI for them, but if done right would be pretty nice.
The ROI would theatrically be a big fat check from Coca Cola. Soft drinks cost pennies whereas labor is expensive so I could actually imagine this working financially.

Plus, If you thought there were a ton of complaint of a Guardians of the Galaxy pavilion in EPCOT, I can only imagine the complaints we would get from what is essentially a "Coke" pavilion.
The color of World Discovery is red, and also, the color of Coke is red. It’s perfect.

MAGICFLOP

I go with the old standby: Something Star Wars themed... perhaps a spinoff of the defunct Hotel that would inspire those that experienced the hotel and give a glimpse to those that couldn't afford it/ experience it.

Cmdr_Crimson

I go with the old standby: Something Star Wars themed... perhaps a spinoff of the defunct Hotel that would inspire those that experienced the hotel and give a glimpse to those that couldn't afford it/ experience it.
I'd rather have a Muppets Happiness Hotel in the UK Pavilion even if Star Wars stepped a small foot within the confines of Epcot.
460633f0585d2d8b06d28f3f3dbd62684a8687e8.gif

Bocabear

What if connectors were built so that both Mission Space and Guardians exited into the old WOL building and it was reimagined as a Intergalactic Space Port or Cosmos Pavilion...with a few new attractions and shows... to tie the Outer Space/Space Travel concept into the quadrant of World Whatever it is called this week.

cranbiz

What if connectors were built so that both Mission Space and Guardians exited into the old WOL building and it was reimagined as a Intergalactic Space Port or Cosmos Pavilion...with a few new attractions and shows... to tie the Outer Space/Space Travel concept into the quadrant of World Whatever it is called this week.
That makes too much sense. It will never happen.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wasn’t there a phase two Marvel plan rumored for the Wonders building at one time??
Yes. But the source, Martin, also said it was killed and it was definitively decided that CR will be the only Marvel attraction in EPCOT.

But, things can always change. Especially since there was a rumor a year or two ago (one I'm very skeptical of being in serious contention) that the African refreshment post was in consideration to become Wakanda.

I'm looking forward to a Shang-Chi stunt show in the China Pavilion, tho!!!

mysto

I think this would be an excellent location for an ultimate Club Cool. A huge rotunda of free drink machines serving every single drink under the entire Coca Cola umbrella from every single nation around the earth. A beacon of unity in a divided world. The current Club Cool is an okay start but much too small.

Can we fill our 72 oz mugs?

DreamfinderGuy

Yes. But the source, Martin, also said it was killed and it was definitively decided that CR will be the only Marvel attraction in EPCOT.

But, things can always change. Especially since there was a rumor a year or two ago (one I'm very skeptical of being in serious contention) that the African refreshment post was in consideration to become Wakanda.

I'm looking forward to a Shang-Chi stunt show in the China Pavilion, tho!!!
Would love to know if there's anything more @marni1971 can say considering its been so long. Heck, we're coming up on half a decade since the final proposal was announced and the site has been more or less stagnant for more than half that time. Wondering when more people are gonna talk about what would've been for that alone.

celluloid

This was kind of the original pitch of the concept to help justify guardians. I love the use of WOL done for that. Dang we need a modern health pavilion somewhere.

Your idea
It would be great for the whole real becomes fantastic and the fantastic becomes real.

And spot on with pavilion to neighborhood nanes Ha.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom