News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

DreamfinderGuy

Not really. Aside from hello, how are you doing ?!
I am well! More of the same, continuing to fish for Wonders info. The rejected proposals both fascinate and elude me, I know there were several over the last decade that entered at least some state of development before being canned.
And something else to file in the “botched Epcot transformation” folder.
This may honestly be the worst offender in the whole project to me, second to what happened with CC West. At least a replacement attraction has opened/will open for everything else, the Wonders site is sitting in a state of purgatory that it may not leave for several years yet. Such a shame.

aladdin2007

Not really. Aside from hello, how are you doing ?!

And something else to file in the “botched Epcot transformation” folder.
what about the universe of energy had they gone with the alternative plan/idea, can anything be revealed? if not I totally understand just say hello lol :).

celluloid

So what is going up behind the walls? Is it all just the Moana area?

I have not been there recently so I don't know how many walls are all still around the park besides Moana. Probably a lot I guess.

Wonders of Life is a dome building tucked back there between Mission Space and Rewind and if there are walls it is just to deter people from wondering if they can go up there and a lot of unifinished upkeep.

arich35

I have not been there recently so I don't know how many walls are all still around the park besides Moana. Probably a lot I guess.

Wonders of Life is a dome building tucked back there between Mission Space and Rewind and if there are walls it is just to deter people from wondering if they can go up there and a lot of unifinished upkeep.

I would say it is diagonal from Figment

GladToBeHear

What if connectors were built so that both Mission Space and Guardians exited into the old WOL building and it was reimagined as a Intergalactic Space Port or Cosmos Pavilion...with a few new attractions and shows... to tie the Outer Space/Space Travel concept into the quadrant of World Whatever it is called this week.
It really needs to be connected to M:S to make that more of a complete experience.

HMF

They could do much better than a massive meet & greet/play area. Health and fitness seems pretty timeless to me. They had a good thing and it needed updates and refreshes, not mothballs and destruction.
What's even more annoying is that they have an IP that fits it like a glove.

DreamfinderGuy

SO I am pretty new to the parks (Dec 2019), is this the area behind all the walls (not Moana)?
This site is for the former Play Pavilion project, planned replacement for the Wonders of Life pavilion which housed some health themed attractions up until it closed in 2007. It is behind walls between Cosmic Rewind and Mission: Space, but not part of the active work in the center of the park.

The walls in the center of the park are for the Moana walkthrough and a new multi purpose building called CommuniCore Hall, as well as some new walkways.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
What if connectors were built so that both Mission Space and Guardians exited into the old WOL building and it was reimagined as a Intergalactic Space Port or Cosmos Pavilion...with a few new attractions and shows... to tie the Outer Space/Space Travel concept into the quadrant of World Whatever it is called this week.
At the shortest point, it's only about 70' from the two pavilions to the edge of the WoL dome, so it's not such a crazy thought. Making the dome of WoL similar to the dome in the queue of Cosmic Rewind (only on a much grander scale) and be a giant planetarium could be pretty neat. Maybe a good oppertunity for a company like SpaceX to be a sponsor?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom