News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

Bocabear

That would be a great idea except the location feels random and with many other performance venues, one more would be odd...especially with the newly rebuilt Communicore Hall having a performance venue

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
I'd be 200% on board if they announced a WALL·E pavilion with an E-ticket tomorrow instead of Play!
Clarifying that it's just my opinion and I have no idea what their plans are for the Wonders of Life Pavilion before
OC Register picks up on this breaking news story. 😂

Last edited:

FigmentFan82

I feel like deep down Disney wants to find something Marvel to put in here so the east coast can have its own unofficial marvel area/land so they can create a bit of a hub for that stuff in Epcot. Just my wild take though.

Is Ant-Man off limits in WDW.

If only body wars still existed, they literally could just change the sign and we'd prob all be fine with that.

Phicinfan

I feel like deep down Disney wants to find something Marvel to put in here so the east coast can have its own unofficial marvel area/land so they can create a bit of a hub for that stuff in Epcot. Just my wild take though.

If only body wars still existed, they literally could just change the sign and we'd prob all be fine with that.
Antman was original Avenger, so can't touch him in WDW

Skibum1970

I'd be 200% on board if they announced a WALL·E pavilion with an E-ticket tomorrow instead of Play!
Clarifying that it's just my opinion and I have no idea what their plans are for the Wonders of Life Pavilion before
OC Register picks up on this breaking news story. 😂

I'd even take a nice "D" ticket dark ride. They could have a playground or interactive area to the side but don't waste an entire pavilion building.

HauntedMansionFLA

Dr. Strange experience. It’s the only movie that’s made money lately.

MagicHappens1971

Largely yes. The last 6-8 or so films? Absolutely.
I personally disagree, but movies and media are subjective.
- Black Widow did botch what should’ve been a much better film about one of the OG Avengers. Cold? Maybe.. Emotionless? Definitely not.
- Shang-Chi was a little more action packed but still had some heartfelt moments about his mother and father.
- Eternals was pretty bleh for me. So I’ll give you that.
- No Way Home??? Are you kidding? The film that brought people back to the theaters. This movie had a ton of emotion and heart. Aunt Mays death, the reunion of all 3 Spider-Man. Perfect!
- Multiverse of Madness was a great film for me. I love Scarlet Witch though. Wouldn’t say this one was cold or emotionless either.
- Love and Thunder is my least favorite all of the recent movies, but not for lacking emotion.
- Black Panther 2 was incredible and filled with outstanding performances that were full of heart. I.e Angela Bassets Oscar nom
- Quantumania was alright, and had a few cute moments between Cassie and her dad.

All in all I don’t really think most people would agree that these projects have no heart

DD31C9CC-EF05-4555-9E23-EECF72D4BC21.jpeg

Haymarket2008

I personally disagree, but movies and media are subjective.
- Black Widow did botch what should’ve been a much better film about one of the OG Avengers. Cold? Maybe.. Emotionless? Definitely not.
- Shang-Chi was a little more action packed but still had some heartfelt moments about his mother and father.
- Eternals was pretty bleh for me. So I’ll give you that.
- No Way Home??? Are you kidding? The film that brought people back to the theaters. This movie had a ton of emotion and heart. Aunt Mays death, the reunion of all 3 Spider-Man. Perfect!
- Multiverse of Madness was a great film for me. I love Scarlet Witch though. Wouldn’t say this one was cold or emotionless either.
- Love and Thunder is my least favorite all of the recent movies, but not for lacking emotion.
- Black Panther 2 was incredible and filled with outstanding performances that were full of heart. I.e Angela Bassets Oscar nom
- Quantumania was alright, and had a few cute moments between Cassie and her dad.

All in all I don’t really think most people would agree that these projects have no heart

View attachment 708237

I’m glad you liked them, truly. Imho: The franchise is burning out for me in a big way.

When it comes to Disney theme park projects…..they’re not great. It lacks the proper ingredients that I prefer when I experience a Disney attraction.

All that to say: 1 Marvel property in EPCOT is enough. Let’s get something into the Wonders of Life pavilion that is befitting of the park it is in. Not super hero crowbarring.

Bocabear

I agree completely. I am weary of the Marvel uber violent explosion-fest movies. I am tired of watching non-stop fighting and destruction.
There is enough of that going on in the real world... When I go see a movie I want to leave that behind and see something enlightening.. Something beautiful or moving...
It seems like they cannot quite figure out how to bring Marvel to the parks. I was a doubter, but I think Guardians Of The Galaxy turned out great... But now for the WOL building, let's put something more appropriate for Epcot...
What about a "Cosmos" pavilion about the Universe itself...as the gateway to Wonders Of Xandar... But based on science and what we know... a couple of attractions, A screen wrapped ( or projected) ceiling dome that makes you feel like you are really out in the universe. It could be old school EPCOT wow.

Epcot82Guy

Honestly, Wall-E is probably the best suggestion I've heard for this Pavillion that is IP-based. At least it kind of fits in with the whole Space theme that area has going now with Space 220, Mission Space, and GoG.

And Test Track...

That's the issue with that Neighborhood. It's trying to be too many things at once. (Though, I agree. Putting Test Track in Celebration and making World Discovery about outerspace - real and fantasy - would actually be a good move. And, a space-themed WoL could then work very well.)

Bocabear

the "Neighborhoods" thing doesn't really work... The fact that "Imagination" is seated in World Nature, but somehow part of Celebration which is on the other side of the hub makes no sense at all.. They would be way better off going back to Communicore East and Communicore West... It is what it is now, but it sure doesn't work...it is more like a jerrymandered district...lol It would be nice to have that whole section from Mission Space to Wonders Of Xandar all Space related ... Did anyone notice that Kennedy Space Center has opened a new attraction and running commercials?

Epcot82Guy

the "Neighborhoods" thing doesn't really work... The fact that "Imagination" is seated in World Nature, but somehow part of Celebration which is on the other side of the hub makes no sense at all.. They would be way better off going back to Communicore East and Communicore West... It is what it is now, but it sure doesn't work...it is more like a jerrymandered district...lol It would be nice to have that whole section from Mission Space to Wonders Of Xandar all Space related ... Did anyone notice that Kennedy Space Center has opened a new attraction and running commercials?

I agree. If they could start over with a similar idea, using Innoventions NE and NW for Connections/Creations respectively, built JoW to bridge between Imag and the Land (closing off the direct walkway between them) and then doing something similar between TT and M:S. Then did a decent overhaul on the center area, with the Table or CommuniCore Hall centered.

You then have World Nature (nature), World Discovery (space) and World Celebration (human innovation/imagination).

The ship is more than sailed. It just would have been a much more cohesive park plan with symmetry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom