President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Gone from the guide maps.

Still on the DME map, but unlabeled...

1673630076199.png

Surferboy567

Still on the DME map, but unlabeled...

View attachment 691731
Not that I was super excited for PLAY or anything, but it is amazing that Disney cannot seem to get another big project going after Tiana/TRON with a new THEME PARK coming down the line from their major competitor.

I’m not even saying they need a new theme park (they don‘t) but they have no new rides in the pipeline besides Tiana and even calling that “new“ is generous. The alarming rate that projects are announced/cancelled is worrying.

owlsandcoffee

Not that I was super excited for PLAY or anything, but it is amazing that Disney cannot seem to get another big project going after Tiana/TRON with a new THEME PARK coming down the line from their major competitor.

I’m not even saying they need a new theme park (they don‘t) but they have no new rides in the pipeline besides Tiana and even calling that “new“ is generous. The alarming rate that projects are announced/cancelled is worrying.

It's not amazing when you look at the priorities Disney has. Not being snarky! Universal and Disney are equivalent in terms of their portfolios but Universal understands what Disney seems not to: The current demo favors in-person experiences over sit-down entertainment media. Now this may be due largely to instagram, etc. and the "postability" of lived experiences but Universal's main goal is to snatch that demo. Disney seems to prioritize using the parks as advertising for their streaming media, which is baffling because to me it should be the other way around entirely. Ah well. Maybe Disney will buy another company. That should solve everything.

J4546

We have no idea if there are new rides in the pipeline. Just cause nothings been announced doesn't mean they aren't working on something. People are so quick to be mad or outraged nowadays it even carries over to theme park messageboards lol

DreamfinderGuy

We have no idea if there are new rides in the pipeline. Just cause nothings been announced doesn't mean they aren't working on something. People are so quick to be mad or outraged nowadays it even carries over to theme park messageboards lol
Seems like if there were they would’ve been quick to announce them at D23 rather than throwing vague concepts at the wall to see what sticks.

Surferboy567

Yeah, we'll find out that the return of the pin tables was such a hit that they're being brought back permanently to the Image Works. Applause follows, everyone forgets they're giving up on the rest of EPCOT.
You joke, but that’s kinda what happened at this D23 that just happened (nothing of substance). Maybe they will actually announce something at Destination D23.

ppete1975

at least fill in closed areas such as dinoland and stitch with some kind of attraction

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

If they had a new ride to announce, they'd have announced it because they need something to keep interest up or lose day visits to their main competitor. Or perhaps you missed the announcement by Universal of a brand new theme park up I-4?

Disstevefan1

It's really a shame that not only do they not want to build new attractions, but they also shutter entire pavilions to reduce costs or maybe it is because they are simply creatively bankrupt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom