News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

mattpeto

They gotta stop this. They talk about the possibility of things that never happen.

They gotta take a page out of the Universal playbook, don't say anything until after you are ACTUALLY building something.

I tend to give them a pass for some things they announced before Covid and cancelled, but it's hard to take them too seriously with the Blue Sky stuff, which is exactly your point.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Now that Phineas & Ferb has a new series order, why not just put Agent P WSA back in Epcot and then use the newly-created Ducktales figs and that Ducktales game thing that was going into PLAY! as the bones of an entirely new attraction. Doesn't tie into EPCOT but it'd still be an addition.

Think PLAY! Pavilion is done? I wonder if they'll be using it's interactive elements elsewhere.

owlsandcoffee

Now that Phineas & Ferb has a new series order, why not just put Agent P WSA back in Epcot and then use the newly-created Ducktales figs and that Ducktales game thing that was going into PLAY! as the bones of an entirely new attraction. Doesn't tie into EPCOT but it'd still be an addition.

Think PLAY! Pavilion is done? I wonder if they'll be using it's interactive elements elsewhere.
Probably not...I imagine Covid has severely limited their desire for touchables. But I know nothing lol

pdude81

Pre Covid they were going to jam people in there with high touch surfaces and screens. I assume like each of their arcades, there'd be a bunch of things down at any given time requiring tech support to restart or fix. I'm honestly glad they canned it as the Pavilion would be better suited with almost anything else.

J4546

I think this is good news as well. Hopefully it will be something space related. Maybe a planetarium or something would be cool imo. I'd love that entire side to be outerspace themed but test track would prob cost a ton to remake into like a lunar rover indoor attraction. I'm just spit balling here

ppete1975

How much has been done and spent on what they currently were doing? Or did they never start on the stuff inside. Probably a good decision as most of that stuff would have had a short shelf life from what we were being told, and im sure the touching surfaces issue delayed it, but that shouldnt be an issue now.

_caleb

Since PLAY! is off, maybe they'll consider turning it into an edutainment pavilion devoted to health care, focusing on the human body, physical fitness, medicine and nutrition. It would be really cool if they added component attractions like an simulator that goes inside the human body or a humorous show about the human brain.

OwlHouseKing97

In the Parks
No
Honestly, they should rework this entire attraction to now be themed to Big City Greens, now I know the modern DTVA shows(outside of DT, the modern Mickey shorts, and whatever DJR still has) don't get any park presence like at all(not even a show that popular right now like BCGs) and it would be out of place for Epcot, but it can be a cheap skin to the attraction that won't see the light of day, and Iger thought the voices of Tilly and Cricket were top notch

Cmdr_Crimson

Since PLAY! is off, maybe they'll consider turning it into an edutainment pavilion devoted to health care, focusing on the human body, physical fitness, medicine and nutrition. It would be really cool if they added component attractions like an simulator that goes inside the human body or a humorous show about the human brain.
Weather pavilion with TDS StormRider..Where else can you go in the state that get's storms the majority of the time..

Animaniac93-98

1673650999233.png

Bar on legs, tacos, PLAY!...this painting has aged worse than the original its based on.

UNCgolf

Kind of agree, though I don’t mind the screen dome idea too much as long as they just use the attached theaters as well for actual attractions.

A big part of the problem for me was that the described Play! Pavilion would have made a lot more sense in Innoventions/Communicore (those buildings already hosted similar things once upon a time), especially since they weren't using the attraction space. It felt crazy to tear them down and then shove that idea into a pavilion space.

MadderAdder

Since PLAY! is off, maybe they'll consider turning it into an edutainment pavilion devoted to health care, focusing on the human body, physical fitness, medicine and nutrition. It would be really cool if they added component attractions like a simulator that goes inside the human body or a humorous show about the human brain.
Miss frizzle anyone?

James Alucobond

The "pink path" was apparently a flyover that ran through the foliage behind Journey of Water and over the pathway toward The Land as a more direct route to the Festival Center from the entrance since it was seemingly going to be cut off from the center of the park by a berm or some such. The plan was re-posted here and in several other places, I think originally sourced from Jim Shull's Twitter. There's really no reason for it now with the way CommuniCore Hall will connect to the revised symmetrical gardens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom