New Planning DVD???

sissa216

I wonder how much lead time the DVD creators have prior to the official celebration announcement? I mean, obviously, they can't keep sending the YOAMD DVDs forever, so the new one MUST be in production, or ready to go soon. Or, perhaps they already had a generic, non-YOAMD version of the same DVD made simultaneous with the first. It wouldn't be that hard to remove references to the celebration, and then add a hasty tag piece about the "What Will You Celebrate?" promotion.

Not on the same scale, but the commercials were out almost immediately.
It would be interesting to find out though.

DisneyGigi

I received an email letting me know that the new one came out last year. Have not received one yet this year.. so I was kinda waiting to see if they did that again. I don't think it will be the same dvd since last year's was Year of a Million Dreams (part two) I have ordered them for several years now and they usually come within 2-3 weeks after I order.

mickeymouse090

I held out on ordering it too because even though it shows the new promotion in the pictures it is still talking about the yoamd. Everyone who did order one keep us posted so that if it is out the rest of us can make a mad dash to order one too!

Thanks!! :wave:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I'm still waiting. I remember in 2006 I ordered one late in the year and it took around 2 months to get it but when I had it was TYOAMD DVD rather than the THe Happiest Celebration On Earth one.

Evo

Still the YOAMD DVDs.. there advertising the new DVDs though:

C8270176_W09_VPD_Online_Banners_Mickey_728.jpg

Ev

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
That's the confusion. Why advertise something youre not giving away? To the average person who'd click that and got a YOAMD DVD would haveno idea that's ending in 2 months.

JWG

Bump...

I am going in Feb. and want to order the DVD, but don't want to get the YOMD version. Any additional word on this yet?

Cmdr_Crimson

so is the new one out yet?

From what it looks like....I don't think will be seeing it since YOMAD Is still going on until the end of the Year..I wouldn't expect to see anything happen until January.

Here's the link and it shows the YOMAD Disc
https://www.disneyvacations.com/dv/...TC-FY09enVPD&gclid=CLO_ooyC0JYCFQKJxgodulkRxw

I was at MK On the Day they had the first family stay in the Castle Suite and it was in January 2007 when they began YOMAD...So until they update it. You will still get the YOMAD version of the Vacation DVD.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom