New Planning DVD???

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Ive seen advertisements on this site in threads for it, does anyone have it? Or is it a fake doctored up picture?

sbkline

Ive seen advertisements on this site in threads for it, does anyone have it? Or is it a fake doctored up picture?

I haven't ordered it, but I have clicked on that link you're talking about, and it takes you to www.disneyworld.com, under the option to order a planning DVD. And the last time I checked (which I think was today), the picture was still that of the YOMD, and it even said something in the description of the DVD about containing info about YOMD.

I think it's the same one that has been out for a while now. (I usually get one every time there's a new one) I got one before my trip in January '08. I'm going to Disneyland next January and so I ordered a Disneyland DVD (Which i got about two months ago). Turns out it's the same exact one I got last January. I didn't realize that Disneyland and Disney World were on the same DVD this time but it's not new. I was actually sort of disappointed with it. Usually they're a lot better.

sissa216

Just got mine today.
It's the same; so unless they've changed it in the past few days since
I've ordered it (came quickly), then it hasn't changed :shrug:

(then again, maybe it's in process of changing, which is why mine arrived so quick?)

(then again, maybe it's in process of changing, which is why mine arrived so quick?)

I think it arrives depending on when you say your going on your trip. I'm not going to Disneyland until January so thats what I filled out when i ordered it. Then it was about three months later and I still haven't received it. I thought they maybe forgot so I tried again but the next time I said i was going in two weeks. Then the DVD came in about 2 days. Then the one I ordered the first time arrived the next day. My guess would be that they want to send it as close to your trip as they can but I'm not sure. When did you say your trip is when you ordered it?

sissa216

I think it arrives depending on when you say your going on your trip. I'm not going to Disneyland until January so thats what I filled out when i ordered it. Then it was about three months later and I still haven't received it. I thought they maybe forgot so I tried again but the next time I said i was going in two weeks. Then the DVD came in about 2 days. Then the one I ordered the first time arrived the next day. My guess would be that they want to send it as close to your trip as they can but I'm not sure. When did you say your trip is when you ordered it?

Huh. I said December 2009!
But then I also got an email with a advertisement/offer saying "we're so glad you ordered our DVD and are planning your first trip,
when I put down I had been over 10 trips (the most recent few through this email address) :p
I don't think their system is very reliable

Huh. I said December 2009!
But then I also got an email with a advertisement/offer saying "we're so glad you ordered our DVD and are planning your first trip,
when I put down I had been over 10 trips (the most recent few through this email address) :p
I don't think their system is very reliable

Haha, yea I guess it isn't very reliable. Well now I know that if I want it mailed right away it wont matter when I say my trip is. I just have to get lucky I guess :lol:

dayofplay

LOL Might have to try and reorder it ... actually I ordered a kit over a Year ago and totally forgot about it till I just say this Thread

Thanks for the reminder
biggrin.gif

Susan Savia

I'd like to order a 'new' one when they come out. I am wondering if they will be updated by the lst of the year? :veryconfu

Next Trip January 2009

It's like coming home again......

Cmdr_Crimson

I've noticied it too. 3 different versions seem to have come up..One with classic mickey with the YOMAD dvd, Goofy with this thing going on with his eyes..it looks rather strange, and the last one is a CGI mickey that shows one with the WWYC disc..And I've gone to it as well finding it takes me to the DVD planning order form but I get it in a different language..

Evo

I've noticied it too. 3 different versions seem to have come up..One with classic mickey with the YOMAD dvd, Goofy with this thing going on with his eyes..it looks rather strange, and the last one is a CGI mickey that shows one with the WWYC disc..And I've gone to it as well finding it takes me to the DVD planning order form but I get it in a different language..
I saw the advertisments for the "What will you Celebrate?" Vacation Planning DVD, but the page still shows the YOAMD DVD.. I ordered it so I guess we'll find out if it's the new one or not!

Ev

bigorangeandy

It is interesting that the ad at the bottom of this thread is for the 2009 planning DVD, the ad showed Goofy and the Mickey balloons. I was going to order the new one, but I think I will wait a few weeks or more, until people start to get the new DVD.

Philo

I'm not sure what the policy is but I don't really think it has anything to do with your travel dates. I think the system is just a little 'quirky'. I ordered a copy a couple of years ago. After a month nothing arrived so I ordered again. About 2 weeks later the DVD arrived, the following week another arrived, and again the week after, and the week after to a total of around 10 DVD's?!?!

Since1976

I'd bet money that WDW keeps tabs to weed out people like us, who order the latest and greatest planning DVD no matter what.

Their kits are pretty expensive to produce, so it just makes good financial sense to burn off the older DVDs to "repeat offenders" like us.

Or maybe I'm just a conspiracy theorist :lol:

I wonder how much lead time the DVD creators have prior to the official celebration announcement? I mean, obviously, they can't keep sending the YOAMD DVDs forever, so the new one MUST be in production, or ready to go soon. Or, perhaps they already had a generic, non-YOAMD version of the same DVD made simultaneous with the first. It wouldn't be that hard to remove references to the celebration, and then add a hasty tag piece about the "What Will You Celebrate?" promotion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom