News New Park Hours...

Mainahman

They didn't pull them off the schedule yet, but I can't imagine we'll see Halloween parties in August this year. Maybe not at all, but they have the option to wait and see so there is no need to cancel yet. And does Universal have people stand in long lines together to get candy from cast members? This is a real question as I don't know if there is a trick or treat component to their event
I wonder instead of hand fulls of candy, they move to pre packaged bags, and put plexiglass up on the carts for trick or treating. Limit who goes down the path at a time, and limit the amount of tickets they sell far more. it could be done if they wanted.

Giss Neric

They didn't pull them off the schedule yet, but I can't imagine we'll see Halloween parties in August this year. Maybe not at all, but they have the option to wait and see so there is no need to cancel yet. And does Universal have people stand in long lines together to get candy from cast members? This is a real question as I don't know if there is a trick or treat component to their event
People are standing in long lines at Horror Nights to enter their houses and the houses have very narrow walkways which makes social distancing impossible.

pdude81

I wonder instead of hand fulls of candy, they move to pre packaged bags, and put plexiglass up on the carts for trick or treating. Limit who goes down the path at a time, and limit the amount of tickets they sell far more. it could be done if they wanted.

If there are any parties this year I agree about the bags, but I expect you would pick up a prepackaged canvas bag with a MNSSHP logo and a large, prepackaged bag inside that. Even if the somehow the virus has dropped off in the fall, it wouldn't make a lot of sense to create multiple crowds and choke points around the park for candy.

Magic Feather

Due to the reduced capacity limits and popularity, getting reservations to these parks will likely end up being "gamed" in a similar way to Fastpasses. DHS due to its high demand and low supply, is expected to be the hard to get reservation, while with its low demand and high capacity, Epcot is likely to be last to sell out. MK will likely claim the number 2 spot with AK at the number 3 spot though.

As @MansionButler84 said, there is a large expectation that Epcot will be the available park hop for those that want it later in the evenings.

the_rich

Due to the reduced capacity limits and popularity, getting reservations to these parks will likely end up being "gamed" in a similar way to Fastpasses. DHS due to its high demand and low supply, is expected to be the hard to get reservation, while with its low demand and high capacity, Epcot is likely to be last to sell out. MK will likely claim the number 2 spot with AK at the number 3 spot though.

As @MansionButler84 said, there is a large expectation that Epcot will be the available park hop for those that want it later in the evenings.
Do you know if everyone with a reservation currently will be able to gain admission?

Di$neyCPA

All of our FP for late July have been removed or not showing up. Any word if they will be without FP or they will need to be reworked after reservations system?

Sir_Cliff

In the summer? 8 am to 10 am is the best window for sunshine and somewhat comfortable temperatures. It’s 90 degrees by 11 and stormy any time from 12 noon to 9 pm.
I wouldn't deny early risers the comfort of a 7am or 8am start to the day, but one of the things I have begun to find a chore about WDW vacations is the shift toward super early starts and then early closing times.

For me, 5am and 6am starts to the day don't sound like much of a vacation. These forums have taught me that I am a minority in that respect among Disney fans, though!

davis_unoxx

I wouldn't deny early risers the comfort of a 7am or 8am start to the day, but one of the things I have begun to find a chore about WDW vacations is the shift toward super early starts and then early closing times.

For me, 5am and 6am starts to the day don't sound like much of a vacation. These forums have taught me that I am a minority in that respect among Disney fans, though!
It sucks that before corona disney was opening the parks later than ever, while also closing earlier in the evenings earlier than ever...

CLEtoWDW

I’ll go out on a limb and say this reopening is going to be an unmitigated disaster for Disney. I want absolutely nothing to do with the combination of restrictions, reduced park hours, and mask requirements. There are going to be some awfully bored/disappointed guests in July when they can’t get a “reservation” to the park they wish to attend that day.

Magic Feather

Do you know if everyone with a reservation currently will be able to gain admission?
All of our FP for late July have been removed or not showing up. Any word if they will be without FP or they will need to be reworked after reservations system?
What I would expect to happen is that in the not-too-distant future, Disney will open up park reservations to Resort Guests at a publicized time that applies to the next ___ days (probably 30). Then, there will be a date for AP's and a date for existing ticket holders. Once all of these groups are taken care of, park reservations will continue to open on a rolling basis the same way that FP's are rolled out. Then, once all existing groups are dealt with, resort reservations and new ticket sales will be reopened for people.

Boy that’s a good question... how would they sterilize each car after use?
They likely won't be, and neither will ride vehicles. But, you will be strongly encouraged to use available hand sanitizer prior to boarding.

jinx8402

Boy that’s a good question... how would they sterilize each car after use?

Are they sterilizing each ride, bus, ferry, etc after each use? If not, what makes the skyliner any different, other than can guarantee only one party per cabin instead of dozens or hundreds of guests on the buses and ferries.

WDW Pro

GUESS: Epcot will be easy for most of the day, packed in the evenings as people search for somewhere to eat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom