News New Park Hours...

WDW Pro

Last I checked, Express and Resort will run with limits along the lines of one party per bench. While it will murder the monorail’s capacity, every shred of transportation will he needed to get people between the TTC and MK when everything is running at reduced capacity.

Also, checking to see if anyone heard similarly, but supposedly there was a bit of internal disagreement between MK and DHS’s timeslot with some wanting DHS earlier due to its newer attractions, and the way that people tend to flow in slower when the parks are open earlier.

Maybe I'll be able to verify this soon. The info I had was that social distancing audits showed the lines for monorails didn't have the queue space for traffic flow with six feet between parties, especially at high traffic times (ie opening and close). Then another source simultaneously confirmed that info while telling me they were going to run the resort line anyway with screening because GF wouldn't have enough throughput otherwise.

doctornick

Also, checking to see if anyone heard similarly, but supposedly there was a bit of internal disagreement between MK and DHS’s timeslot with some wanting DHS earlier due to its newer attractions, and the way that people tend to flow in slower when the parks are open earlier.

Yeah, I'm surprised to not see DHS be earlier if not the earliest - there's not going to be much social distancing when people are lining up at the gates in the crush to get in at rope drop.

Getachew

Yeah, I'm surprised to not see DHS be earlier if not the earliest - there's not going to be much social distancing when people are lining up at the gates in the crush to get in at rope drop.

Eh, AK being the earliest and Epcot the latest makes sense. MK and DHS could go either way, imo.

pdude81

They also hope very few will park hop. Reservations for the park will limit this, but you are unlikely to park hop to MK if it closes at 7. The most logical choice will be Epcot, which actually has the capacity.

Is park hopping going to be possible? My casual reading of their announcements seems like they will be selling new tickets to people with existing tickets, so the AP or MYW packages wouldn't technically be used and you'd have to buy a "reserved" ticket of some sort to a particular park for that day. They obviously didn't go into that level of detail but it's the only way I see this working. Otherwise you're telling scores of people with vacations you're cancelling or annual passes that other people can use their tickets but not you.

Clearly I'm connecting the dots how I see fit but I don't see how they can require reservations for each park and let people hop, unless they are counting those leaving at the gate and letting stragglers in. However, the staggered schedule does lend itself to us being able to have Dinner in Epcot though as has been mentioned... so I guess it would make sense to let people go to Epcot after 4.

Magic Feather

Is park hopping going to be possible? My casual reading of their announcements seems like they will be selling new tickets to people with existing tickets, so the AP or MYW packages wouldn't technically be used and you'd have to buy a "reserved" ticket of some sort to a particular park for that day. They obviously didn't go into that level of detail but it's the only way I see this working. Otherwise you're telling scores of people with vacations you're cancelling or annual passes that other people can use their tickets but not you.

Clearly I'm connecting the dots how I see fit but I don't see how they can require reservations for each park and let people hop, unless they are counting those leaving at the gate and letting stragglers in. However, the staggered schedule does lend itself to us being able to have Dinner in Epcot though as has been mentioned... so I guess it would make sense to let people go to Epcot after 4.
There will be a way to park hop. I have heard every suggestion from allowing up to 2 park reservations per day for guests with park hoppable passes to requiring guests wait to see if there is availability to "hop" with leftover reservations on the day of.

jinx8402

Any thoughts on how long they will run with the reduced hours? I see the calendar with them goes through October. Missing out on seeing Pandora, SWGE and even Toy Story Land at night will be major bummer.

danv3

So who is paying current ticket prices for reduced hours and reduced attractions/entertainment?

Keeping the prices high is a way to try to limit the demand. While I'm not sure I personally plan to attend under these conditions, Disney will have no problem filling the parks. They could probably raise prices and still fill them.

duder

I'm always a bit surprised just how many people rely on Disney Transportation when they go to WDW.

We've always rented a car, and driving to and between the parks/hotels is kind of an integral part of the experience. I couldnt imagine having to use the buses for the whole trip.

I bet we see rental ratios increase quite a bit.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Last I checked, Express and Resort will run with limits along the lines of one party per bench. While it will murder the monorail’s capacity, every shred of transportation will he needed to get people between the TTC and MK when everything is running at reduced capacity.

I had heard this, too, but ultimately they worried that 8 pm for MK was too close to sunset and people would expect HEA. Thankfully Epcot guests will be too drunk to notice the fireworks no one likes are not running.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
There will be a way to park hop. I have heard every suggestion from allowing up to 2 park reservations per day for guests with park hoppable passes to requiring guests wait to see if there is availability to "hop" with leftover reservations on the day of.
I know Epcot, in particular, got later hours with the idea that its large capacity could welcome plenty of guests (including hoppers) to have dinner with American servers pretending to be German or French. I have a really good fake French accent. “You want une baguette?” Let’s be honest, Epcot will be an easier-to-get-to Disney Springs with a sprinkling of old rides.

With no fireworks, I’d be shockEd to see anyone locked out of Epcot at 6 pm or 7 pm.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Does anyone else agree it would be better to have the parks opening at really early time and staying open later into the night since it will be much cooler and easier to tolerate a mask?
With lower capacity they need to have reduced hours to keep costs down. The alternatives would be to charge more per person or if heat is really the issue wait until the fall to open. I think both may have been considered. There was a rumor that all park reservations would be converted to single day admission, APs would be blacked out and guests with multi-day tickets would have to convert to single day tickets too. Not sure if they ever considered that as a real plan.

Mainahman

Were waiting for the same information on Park Hopping, were considering dropping that off our tickets, and then just doing 1 park per day, as much as we can, and then choose the one everyone wants to go back to on the 5th day if we can get in etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom