News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

Mike730

Photo update as of Thursday, October 17, 2019. An overview of the construction progress at the entrance to Epcot. The new tram turnaround is in the center of the original tram lane, and outside Epcot's entrance and monorail station. The pedestrian walkways from the parking lot are wider and on either side of the tram turnaround.

View attachment 418955

Under the monorail loading platform, the original tram lane has been replaced with a large landscaped area with some new trees. The new tram turnaround area is to the left in this photo. Epcot's entrance is to the right.

View attachment 418956

As viewed from the monorail unloading platform, the original tram loading/unloading area on the lower level will be the new security (bag check) area. The tables for bag checks have already been installed. The large expanse of concrete in the foreground was the original tram turnaround.

View attachment 418957

The original tram turnaround (bounded by the large trees in the background) has been replaced with a large expanse of concrete for guests waiting at the security area. A new walkway extends from the bus transportation area (beyond the large trees) to the security check area in the foreground.

View attachment 418958

As viewed from the monorail exit ramp, this is the new walkway from the bus transportation area leading to the new security check area under the monorail exit.

View attachment 418959
Thank you for well framed photos and excellent descriptions.

13*Minute*Wait

Forgive me for not reading all 86 pages of this thread, so my question might already be answered...will the entrance redesign include a fix for the issue of having to go through bag check AGAIN when exiting a monorail from the MK?

You'd think when riding from the MK, the monorail exit at EPCOT would dump you out in a different spot than having to go right through bag check again, after going through it to get inside the TTE.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Forgive me for not reading all 86 pages of this thread, so my question might already be answered...will the entrance redesign include a fix for the issue of having to go through bag check AGAIN when exiting a monorail from the MK?

You'd think when riding from the MK, the monorail exit at EPCOT would dump you out in a different spot than having to go right through bag check again, after going through it to get inside the TTE.
Good question...

The only problem there is that since the Epcot parking lot is attached to the same entry point...you’d have to have a separate, dedicated thoroughfare from the monorail platform.

Considering the state of the monorail...I can’t see them doing that

13*Minute*Wait

Good question...

The only problem there is that since the Epcot parking lot is attached to the same entry point...you’d have to have a separate, dedicated thoroughfare from the monorail platform.

Shame on me for thinking Disney gave any thought to fixing this issue when they were coming up with a redesign plan. Maybe I'm the only one it seems to bother.

Rob562

Good question...

The new bag check is under the monorail exit platform. The monorail will exit inside the secure area. That's been the plan since they started all this. The double bag check was just an unfortunate but temporary situation.

-Rob

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The new bag check is under the monorail exit platform. The monorail will exit inside the secure area. That's been the plan since they started all this. The double bag check was just an unfortunate but temporary situation.

-Rob
Good for them...

That would involve moving the tram stop, correct?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Good question...

If you look at the pictorial update, the security checkpoint will be at the former tram drop off area underneath the monorail walkway. So they have pushed the perimeter out beyond the monorail exit. Now what they do with the bus guests I dont know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom