News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

Goofyernmost

View attachment 405842For a long time, Town Square was full of deciduous trees. So glad they finally changed them out for the reasons stated above.
I don't know what year that was, but, I honestly do not remember them ever looking like that when I started going in 1983. They may very well have been that way, however, since I was always there in February and when I left home all the trees were bare nekid, I just might not have noticed it at all. Still, the concept art for Epcot is way to exaggerated to be believable. And if anyone thinks that leaves are messy, should try Pine needles. My home for over 20 years was cut into a pine forest area. I absolutely hated to see Fall coming.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I don't know what year that was, but, I honestly do not remember them ever looking like that when I started going in 1983. They may very well have been that way, however, since I was always there in February and when I left home all the trees were bare nekid, I just might not have noticed it at all. Still, the concept art for Epcot is way to exaggerated to be believable. And if anyone thinks that leaves are messy, should try Pine needles. My home for over 20 years was cut into a pine forest area. I absolutely hated to see Fall coming.
My street is nothing but pine trees. My backyard is filled with them. They are the worst to clean up from in the fall.

Goofyernmost

My street is nothing but pine trees. My backyard is filled with them. They are the worst to clean up from in the fall.
Tell me about it. Try having a pool at the same time. First there is the yellow pollen, the tiny little rice crispy type pine cones, the bigger full sized pine cones and then the long and short pine needles all floating on the pool and clogging the filters. Good times! Oh, did I mention the pine pitch on cars and any object that is in reach of those evil things. And to top it all off what shade service they offer is located 50 feet up casting no shade at all. I believe that they are the messiest objects ever created in nature.

trainplane3

Update from BlogMickey:

EDyMJH-WwAA4AUP.jpg:orig

kurtk

What do you mean by “How do they work with it?” Like repair it? Concrete can be patched rather easily.

Also, cement is an ingredient in concrete, not the final product.
I am trying to understand why they put those lines there. It does make it look like they are going to cut the fountain up along those lines. That does seem like the normal way they would do demolition. Normally wouldn't they just break it up however it falls apart?

pdude81

I am trying to understand why they put those lines there. It does make it look like they are going to cut the fountain up along those lines. That does seem like the normal way they would do demolition. Normally wouldn't they just break it up however it falls apart?
That depends on what's beneath it.

note2001

I was thinking it was a guide for laying out the new tile.

Bocabear

I dare Disney to get the fountain up and running before Halloween. Guests need SOMETHING at the entrance.
Walls, walls and more walls make for a miserable welcome.
Halloween!?! that is just over a month away...I am sure it will take at least 6 months to a year to fix the if not longer. It took them over a year and half to open the taco stand in front of Mexico...

The Empress Lilly

I dare Disney to get the fountain up and running before Halloween. Guests need SOMETHING at the entrance.
Walls, walls and more walls make for a miserable welcome.
The LaL lights on the pavement are still there. It makes for an exhilarating effect. The entrance has not looked this good in twenty years. A unique, temporary effect. Everybody, go check it out while it lasts!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom