News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

JayKZ

Since West is being leveled, Construction vehicles are probably going to access it from the Seas side via the access road. Add to the redo of SSE and fountain of nations, I would figure the entire spine being off limits to guests. They would have to build a temporary path via guardians near the east bathrooms and guest relations. Additionally build a larger walkway around Innoventions east by the playground.

A lot of the initial demo prep work will not require rerouting so simple walls will be sufficient for the fall festivals crowd. I would expect the routing described above to start when Mouse Gears and the Umbrella close at the end of the year.
Mouse Gear is closing altogether? I figured they would be doing a phased renovation like they did at World of Disney. Wow. This place is really going to be a mess for a while.

montyz81

Closing for a full refurb and likely name change.
So where are they keeping to the original ideas of Epcot Center that Bob Iger was speaking of at the last D23? It just feels like they are slapping on the old logo with new prisms on a park that might be better off with six flags over it instead of one Epcot Center flag.

trainplane3

It’s not a name I’ve heard proposed. But the good version isn’t happening.
I think we've all accepted the good version of any Epcot overhaul isn't happening...:(
Whatever name they're planning, let's hope it's better then "Regal Eagle", "Remy's Ratatouille Adventure", and "Alien Swirling Saucers"...

Hopefully the Dream Mobile is given a good home.
If you use your imagination, it can fit into a dumpster!

trainplane3

And what's the gain? Stand-alone buildings in place of what's there now? Seems a bit ... wasteful in a way. Are these buildings in absolutely terrible shape behind the walls?
Exactly what I don't get. You have some solid architecture there can be reworked into some great. Just untinting the glass and a good paint scheme would be incredible for the area.

note2001

And what's the gain? Stand-alone buildings in place of what's there now? Seems a bit ... wasteful in a way. Are these buildings in absolutely terrible shape behind the walls?
I assume one of the goals is to eliminate the smells. When paying $100 to enter a park for the day we should not be blasted by the smell of human waste. They've struggled with this for a very long time and it seems clear that the proper way to fix them is to reconstruct the entire plumbing system.

Kman101

I assume one of the goals is to eliminate the smells. When paying $100 to enter a park for the day we should not be blasted by the smell of human waste. They've struggled with this for a very long time and it seems clear that the proper way to fix them is to reconstruct the entire plumbing system.

Agreed. I've smelled it too but apparently many on here haven't. I was practically roasted for daring to say it smelled like a sewer, LOL!

Bender123

I still maintain that, while I have a strong love of the outer ring of pavilions architecture, the CC buildings are the least inspired of them all...just google 'Conference Center foyer' and you will understand my reason for not liking them very much.

Every time I see them, inside or out, I feel like I need to check in, get a name tag and bagel from the continental breakfast table in the corner before sitting down for a few hours of power points from somebody that is waaaaaaaay too excited about databases.

note2001

Agreed. I've smelled it too but apparently many on here haven't. I was practically roasted for daring to say it smelled like a sewer, LOL!
Cool club area in particular is bad, but so is the entire back hallway of W. Communicore. East side isn't much better, but most of the smell is in the bathroom area out the door toward TT.

I'm no plumber, but had enough septic issues at the home I grew up in to know that when you have an ongoing issue where the smell just won't stay away, it's going to be expensive and exhausting to fix.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom