News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I assume one of the goals is to eliminate the smells. When paying $100 to enter a park for the day we should not be blasted by the smell of human waste. They've struggled with this for a very long time and it seems clear that the proper way to fix them is to reconstruct the entire plumbing system.
The plumbing in West isn’t the problem.

Goofyernmost

Agreed. I've smelled it too but apparently many on here haven't. I was practically roasted for daring to say it smelled like a sewer, LOL!
Are you sure you weren't just walking behind someone that had a big bowl of chili? I have gone there many, many times and have never ever been able to smell anything like that. I did smell rotting garbage in MK during the 90's though. Wait, maybe you guys were walking next to a turkey leg kiosk.

lumpydj

I saw someone mentioned earlier that the tombstones were moved to another place outside the gates. Does anyone have a picture of where they were moved too? Are they in a foot traffic path? Does anyone know if these will be eventually moved back inside the gates (in a completely different area)? Thanks for any info :happy:

cspencer96

I saw someone mentioned earlier that the tombstones were moved to another place outside the gates. Does anyone have a picture of where they were moved too? Are they in a foot traffic path? Does anyone know if these will be eventually moved back inside the gates (in a completely different area)? Thanks for any info :happy:
The monuments themselves were destroyed. The images that were on them will be displayed somewhere outside the gates of the park, but we don’t know exactly where or in what fashion, except that it likely won’t be on the original metal plates.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

The faces will be relocated outside the gates somewhere. As to where, no one has said. The monoliths aren't being moved, they're gone forever. As to what the faces will be on and how they'll be displayed, no one has said.

Kman101

Are you sure you weren't just walking behind someone that had a big bowl of chili? I have gone there many, many times and have never ever been able to smell anything like that. I did smell rotting garbage in MK during the 90's though. Wait, maybe you guys were walking next to a turkey leg kiosk.

I'm sure. That air conditioned hallway by Club Cool STINKS. Badly. I wish I was making it up but I'm not. It's a terrible smell.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Just sitting here watching the Fountains of Nations.... from the A/C of course! So sad it's my last time seeing this in person 😔

Attachments

• 20190704_120727.jpg
    20190704_120727.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 176

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Just sitting here watching the Fountains of Nations.... from the A/C of course! So sad it's my last time seeing this in person 😔
Out of everything in this project, i think the FON is the hardest to take, a ludicrous decision by “management”, and just overall an idea so drastic from its original intent. This is the location where all the countries represented in the World showcase poured water from their country into the fountain. Getting rid of it is just a huge loss. And no (announced) plans bring anything like it to the new design.

NeedMoreMickey

Going to miss sitting on the wall near Mouse Gear and watching the fountain while listening to the music. Never did like the stage that was built around the fountain. One of my funniest Epcot memories happened at the fountain. Left m husband sitting on his scooter (needed it from a car accident right before our trip) next to the fountain when I went into Starbucks. Came out he had moved and was wet. His only said “wind shift.”

Kman101

The fountain is definitely a huge loss. I'll miss it a lot. I really enjoyed it. I guess they think the fountain in front is enough? And I know there will be a "water trail"(?) and I guess there's still some hope for a fountain somewhere, unless that's been said flat out they aren't doing one somewhere else. Losing the fountain for festival space is disappointing, to say the least (isn't it believed the point of the green space/beer garden is for festival booths in the center of Future World? Because heaven forbid guests have to walk to World Showcase to "begin" the festival. I can't believe that's an actual "problem" this is addressing! lol). I'm all for more green but not at the expense of the fountain. They have plenty of spots they could have put festival stuff (which they already began doing ... they could have reused Innoventions as a festival marketplace with smaller booths - in air conditioning; they act like guest "comfort" is a priority but it doesn't seem to be). They could make up for it if they added fountains to the water in the walkway to World Showcase and did a "show" there. They do show something like that in the blue sky/old concept art. Unless I'm wrong in what they were showing.

Last edited:

SoFloMagic

Clearly it's misguided (putting it nicely) management.

But there's a smell in that hallway. Why?
Yeah, its bad. I think it's even worse though in hollywood studios when you pass by the pixar place (/incredibles plaza or whatever) bathrooms on the way to toy story land

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom