News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

The Empress Lilly

I don't think we can tell if the structures on the fountain will be clear like the prior ones were. I'd love it, for sure, but setting my expectations low on this one.

I'll be happy if they eliminate the rockwork that broke up the smooth cascade of water. Took me years to get used to that abomination.
One of my pet peeves too!

Those, and the tiles on the base note being aligned with the rest of the entrance. Part of the beauty of FW is/was its rigid geometry, symmetry, alignment. This is how FW's calm zen and aloof sublimity were made.

Carelessly abandoned in the case of the base. Probably abandoned deliberately so concerning the smooth cascade. Smoothness deemed unexciting, in need of pimping up, as they did with the rest of FW's decoration.

sedati

Count me as one who loves the original EPCOT Center and most all about it. In the new era, though, I am happy to see Communicore (as it is now used) go. It will open up Future World and hopefully make it more inviting.
They designed perimeter structures and put them in the hub. As baffling as building your berm around the castle with only tunnels and signage to keep you guessing what, if anything, lay beyond.

sedati

There weren’t permitted buildings when they opened. They were open and transparent with content related to the pavilions.
I remember what they were like and what was inside. Like I said, both by design and theme, it was a concept that more belonged to the outer ring of the park than the inner. Communicore was like putting footnotes at the start of the book- see how Energy Exchange and Universe of Energy were arranged.

Movielover

but now they’re saying there will be benches at the entrance

Benches?? At the entrance????

giphy.gif

ImperfectPixie

You must be so proud! Does everyone always need to be cynics? I'm just sharing information.
This board isn't too fond of *****'s "Information."

You just experienced the general dislike of Tom Corless, mis-directed at you.
Sorry if that seemed aimed at you - it really wasn't. I've dealt with people like that dude many times before and I have ZERO tolerance for them. (Plus I thought I lost my engagement/wedding ring this morning and I'm super over-tired, so I'm a bit snarky and out-of-sorts today.)

note2001

Sorry if that seemed aimed at you - it really wasn't. I've dealt with people like that dude many times before and I have ZERO tolerance for them. (Plus I thought I lost my engagement/wedding ring this morning and I'm super over-tired, so I'm a bit snarky and out-of-sorts today.)
I appreciated your post, all these websites have such similar names I don't always remember which are the good ones based on that alone. That site you mocked is known for lies and rumors, I'm actually happy someone called it out asap verses allowing discussion to revolve around anything posted there before anyone said anything.

hpyhnt 1000

It would be simpler and cheaper to make those new planters 16-18" high to double as seating.

Which, for better or worse, has been the preferred method in recent years with a lot of new builds (see MK Hub, Pandora and other AK refurb areas, etc.). I'd be surprised to see dedicated benches for the new Epcot entrance. But looking at the concept art, there does seem to be one area by the fountain that might be some kind of bench as opposed to just an elevated planter wall (highlighted in red below). We'll see...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom