News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

ImperfectPixie

I hate being that guy, but, what in the pluperfect hell has all those last cupcake/sugar posts have to do with the entrance at Epcot? Curious minds want to know!
Sorry...mostly my fault. There were some comments about the wand and "2000" on SSE, then mentions about the 50th and what the actual celebration would be like - including cupcakes and a dance party, of course, which got me wondering why we're still seeing so many barely edible cupcakes at WDW when locally to me all the cupcake businesses either evolved or went under.

Goofyernmost

Sorry...mostly my fault. There were some comments about the wand and "2000" on SSE, then mentions about the 50th and what the actual celebration would be like - including cupcakes and a dance party, of course, which got me wondering why we're still seeing so many barely edible cupcakes at WDW when locally to me all the cupcake businesses either evolved or went under.
It's OK, I was just trying to get the thread back on topic. My concern about whether or not we discuss cupcakes, doesn't show up anyplace on the give a damn gauge.

Movielover

I come here for pictures of tombstone carnage and y'all are yapping about cupcakes.

I got you covered there buddy!
giphy.gif

;)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yes, but they overdo the sugar to the point where even someone with a massive sweet tooth (like me) can't finish one. If I finish half of one, I consider it a win. You'd think they'd either tweak the recipes so they were more edible or not do so many varieties - I can't even imagine how many of those end up in the garbage without ever being sold.
The overall size is what always killed me. We often split a single one among 2-3 people. Seems like most of the bakeries I frequent have switched over to more normal sized or even mini-cupcakes. Give the option, I would much rather go with 6 minis in assorted flavors than some a single softball sized cupcake that is guaranteed to give me diabetes by the end of lunch.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
What did I click into? Cupcakes?

To get back on topic, what is the next phase of the entrance? I noticed they just filled in the holes with normal concrete, will they be doing anything else to that area?

Movielover

What did I click into? Cupcakes?

To get back on topic, what is the next phase of the entrance? I noticed they just filled in the holes with normal concrete, will they be doing anything else to that area?

It's okay Cupcake I'll break it down for you! ;)

They are removing the "tombstones". They finished one side and have filled in their holes with concrete to temporarily allow access there while they remove the other side's "tombstones". Then once they are done they will tear the entire plaza up (no idea how they will configure guest access during this phase at this time). Concept art was posted to give a sense what the new entrance will look like.

tenor.gif

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
It's okay Cupcake I'll break it down for you! ;)

They are removing the "tombstones". They finished one side and have filled in their holes with concrete to temporarily allow access there while they remove the other side's "tombstones". Then once they are done they will tear the entire plaza up (no idea how they will configure guest access during this phase at this time). Concept art was posted to give a sense what the new entrance will look like.

tenor.gif
Thanks! pumpkin(pie)?

Janir

Yes, but they overdo the sugar to the point where even someone with a massive sweet tooth (like me) can't finish one. If I finish half of one, I consider it a win. You'd think they'd either tweak the recipes so they were more edible or not do so many varieties - I can't even imagine how many of those end up in the garbage without ever being sold.
I find most of the Disney Cupcakes too sweet as well. I kinda wish they were more creative with flavors than just another design of frosting on a piece of paper wrapped cake. Also more creative desserts would be nice too.

note2001

Just bring back the original fountain and prisms and all some previous transgressions will be forgiven.
I don't think we can tell if the structures on the fountain will be clear like the prior ones were. I'd love it, for sure, but setting my expectations low on this one.

I'll be happy if they eliminate the rockwork that broke up the smooth cascade of water. Took me years to get used to that abomination.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom