News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

Rider

International Gateway

60A6989B-D3B4-41EB-9E98-C8531635FC1E.jpeg

Jahona

Concept art is never "official." Notice the word "concept." 😏

You're confusing the definitions of concept art and official. If the concept art has the approval from an authorizing source it's "official." If this concept art came from a fan or outside organization then it's considered unofficial. Concept art is designed to get a look and feel. While it will never match the finished product to a T it's usually a decent representation of what may possibly come.

Missing20K

Who seriously thinks sticking a 15 story block in the middle of FW is a good idea? Can we get a @MisterPenguin or @marni1971 to do a Google earth drawing? Terrible ideas interest me for some sad reason. I'm picturing a squarish BLT and and two smaller squares (roughly) flanking it.

Using BLT as an example since it is 15 stories.

Also... well soooooorrryyyyy mister for the lack of reminder! :p
Slow work day. If I understood Martin correctly.

Assuming a moderate floor to floor height of 12'-8" equates to roughly a 190 foot tall tower for 15 stories. The other two towers I have shown at approximately 100 feet tall each.

BoarderPhreak

You're confusing the definitions of concept art and official. If the concept art has the approval from an authorizing source it's "official." If this concept art came from a fan or outside organization then it's considered unofficial. Concept art is designed to get a look and feel. While it will never match the finished product to a T it's usually a decent representation of what may possibly come.
To be pedantic, not exactly...

Concept art is rarely (if ever) the finished product. Concept art is literally a quick and dirty art work (i.e. marker rendering) - exploring a concept or idea. It tends to leave out details or have details that change as the design and specs evolve. Once a plan is approved, you can do a rendering, which would be much more accurate (with varying layers of detail like landscaping, lighting, furnishings, etc.).

To say concept art is "official" is therefore not quite right.

lazyboy97o

To be pedantic, not exactly...

Concept art is rarely (if ever) the finished product. Concept art is literally a quick and dirty art work (i.e. marker rendering) - exploring a concept or idea. It tends to leave out details or have details that change as the design and specs evolve. Once a plan is approved, you can do a rendering, which would be much more accurate (with varying layers of detail like landscaping, lighting, furnishings, etc.).

To say concept art is "official" is therefore not quite right.
Disney calls all art “concept art” regardless of the purpose for its creation or the phase of design during which it was made.

Rose&Crown

To show how different it can be just go look at TSL concept art and what we ended up getting.

Missing20K

Disney calls all art “concept art” regardless of the purpose for its creation or the phase of design during which it was made.
They even call art that has been rendered from a Revit model by an outside arch firm and sent to a WDI intern to finish in Photoshop, "concept art".

RSoxNo1

That’s not a case of the art being exaggerated or taking artistic liberties. In that case the actual plans for the land changed. At one time there were blueprints and site plans for the land that had things being constructed as seen in that artwork.
Yep, the design for Slinky Dog changed countless times before construction. While I think many on here would prefer the trenches, I'm not convinced the change there was budgetary. I don't doubt that the other cuts in the land likely were budgetary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom