News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

Kman101

Venting...

Small gripe here that I'm sure only I care about: Disney smacks down trees like they're weeds. One of the redeeming factors to the entrance outside of the gates is that there are a ton of trees there, making it feel calm and cared for. Looks like the new construction fences will be encircling the bulk of them at the monorail station, hence bye bye.

Disney does replant to some extent, but older trees are far better for clean air than young ones.

Vent over. Sorry... I'm still steamed that Disney will recreate their parking lots and not consider using the humanized space for raised solar panels, but gives no thought to mowing down acres and acres of healthy trees for these massive solar farms.

New Disney doesn't like shade.

Kman101

Your lack of including former Fox IP is disturbing.

Fortunately almost nothing from FOX fits the parks. I very much doubt any, if it all, from FOX will get put in the parks. I know you were just joking but there's almost nothing that would fit anywhere, ever. Acquiring FOX had nothing to do with the parks.

kthomas105

There’s still a desire for a hotel. Just not over the park entrance.

You would think if you were going to build a hotel in the park/near the park , now or in the future, they would be more concerned about sight line issues and not less as their recent projects would suggest. I mean building a hotel over the park entrance or over old communicore would put the gravity building right in front of guest even more than just being ground level in park not to mention dirty roofs on every building surrounding the hotel.

DreamfinderGuy

Fortunately almost nothing from FOX fits the parks. I very much doubt any, if it all, from FOX will get put in the parks.
Give it eight more years.

Kman101

You would think if you were going to build a hotel in the park/near the park , now or in the future, they would be more concerned about sight line issues and not less as their recent projects would suggest. I mean building a hotel over the park entrance or over old communicore would put the gravity building right in front of guest even more than just being ground level in park not to mention dirty roofs on every building surrounding the hotel.

They care about the money they can make from a hotel attached to Epcot. It's sad sightlines don't matter. And I personally think a really well implemented hotel is fine (I like Grand Californian just fine attached to DCA; I like Miracosta from what I've seen in pictures and videos. But I have little faith this would be as nicely integrated). An integrated hotel as part of a World Showcase pavilion? I could maybe get behind that, depending ... but it reeks of "give us your money!!!"

Bostb71

They care about the money they can make from a hotel attached to Epcot. It's sad sightlines don't matter. And I personally think a really well implemented hotel is fine (I like Grand Californian just fine attached to DCA; I like Miracosta from what I've seen in pictures and videos. But I have little faith this would be as nicely integrated). An integrated hotel as part of a World Showcase pavilion? I could maybe get behind that, depending ... but it reeks of "give us your money!!!"
Miracosta blends in with TDS seamlessly, it is beautiful. If they could do that in WS and actually expand the height and depth of the pavilions I'd totally be onboard.

Rose&Crown

Does anyone know what the layout should look like once the project is complete?

I know for HWS there were permits and some what of map to tell what was happening.

JayKZ

'
If it was outside of the park, I don't see how it could be that bad. Tasteful like Contemporary or Polynesian, could be cool.
And if they put a hotel on the other side (east) of the entrance, it could hide the invisible blue box, at least from the approach to the park. Unfortunately, there's no evidence such an idea has ever been considered.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And if they put a hotel on the other side (east) of the entrance, it could hide the invisible blue box, at least from the approach to the park. Unfortunately, there's no evidence such an idea has ever been considered.
The only none centric one I know of was west.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom