News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

hpyhnt 1000

I appreciate what they're going for on this, clearly mimicking the colors of the directional signage and pavilion logos for each half of the park.

1626283257670.png

1626283304396.png

I suspect it'll look more cohesive as the rest of the park gets updated, but I think I would have preferred an extension of the blues and grays of the SSE shops and overhead restroom signs. That would give the SSE area a fully cohesive look rather than half one scheme and half something else.

Still loving the new signage though, and same with the new trash can design.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Last edited:

castlecake2.0

I appreciate what they're going for on this, clearly mimicking the colors of the directional signage and pavilion logos for each half of the park.

View attachment 572211

View attachment 572213

I suspect it'll look more cohesive as the rest of the park gets updated, but I think I would have preferred an extension of the blues and grays of the SSE shops and overhead restroom signs. That would give the SSE area a fully cohesive look rather than half one scheme and half something else.

Still loving the new signage though, and same with the new trash can design.
Im curious to see what will happen with this package in world showcase. Will we get new bold color trash cans? What about the banners on the speaker/light columns, will that get an update? World showcase has traditionally followed a more turn of the 19th century look in regards to the transitional spaces between pavilions and skiing the promenade for things like lighting and architecture (like in showcase plaza). Will that continue with this new graphics package?

James Alucobond

I think the walls look fine. It’s everything above and below them that looks neglected and dilapidated that needs help.
The pavement at least should be getting replaced here soon since they’ve been working their way around from the entrance to Spaceship Earth and, presumably, to World Celebration.

It would be better, IMO, if they put the logos over it to break up the solid block and reinforce the graphic designs.
I think that could wind up being confusing since you’d be attaching an unrelated symbol to a restroom. Maybe it could work if they were scaled up massively, with zoomed in sections being used as a tone-on-tone texture, but I think the medallions alone would unintentionally imply a different function.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

dreday3

Bocabear

While I do like fresh bright colors, these seem misplaced...Like whoever was in charge of this, also did the color striped communicore...It certainly looks garish and an inelegant solution to adding some color to the entrance. There are better ways to do this other than bright paint... This just looks a little cheap.

The Lochness Monsta

It would not be surprised if they put a hotel in front, like they did at Disneyland Paris. They've already put that eyesore "Guardians" building. What's another misplaced building going to do?

I can still see it. Painting it blue, with fluffy clouds and an old person complaining on a mobility scooter won't change that.

hpyhnt 1000

While I do like fresh bright colors, these seem misplaced...Like whoever was in charge of this, also did the color striped communicore...It certainly looks garish and an inelegant solution to adding some color to the entrance. There are better ways to do this other than bright paint... This just looks a little cheap.
The refurbished Future World East restrooms do a much better job incorporating the brighter scheme. Note how everything complements in this picture, right down to the signs and trash can, all using the reds and pinks of the East/World Discovery pavilion logos.

1626362677218.png

Compare to the newly painted SSE East restrooms. It doesn't come together in the same way because we've used the entrance booth application scheme with World Discovery colors in an area that should have the SSE/World Celebration scheme of grays, whites, and blues.

1626363351677.png

Here's a quick mock up using colors similar to what's above Gateway Gifts and the Camera/Pin Center. Now we have a scheme that ties the entire area together visually while still bringing a pop of color and contrast.

Pic Restroom.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom