News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

trainplane3

Is it me, or is the main fountain lighting already SOL.

I didn't see the "bright" sky beam portion of the prisms at all last night and only saw about two versions of red / orange / blue being used for colors... no yellow, no green at all.

Also the color ribbon thing, isn't synced up to match the main fountain.
Work in progress, maybe.. but come on get it together here please.
How long did you hangout for? When I was there in May it seemed like the "sky beams" didn't kick in till 8:35-ish. The colors on the fountain rotate at random times too.

It'll all come together once the work on SSE's lighting is done.

CntrlFlPete

I hadn't seen that but when I was posting what I did, it was a toss up at the time TTC or Disney Springs. Either way it will be a PITA to add that next step of getting to a resort. The bus terminal at Disney Springs will have to be as big as the one at MK or DHS. With the parking garage there, do they even have room for that? I've been there since the Garage was in operation but I never really got a look at the bus terminal for the Springs.

not sure on space, but folks would have luggage coming off the train so (to me) if Disney were to offer bus transport, it would need to be busses more like what was used for MDE. My thought on a station at Springs, well for folks coming from Miami, taking the train would get them closer to Disney then a plane would and they would then have a closer stop where they could grab an UBER/taxi.

I assume the train (at most) would be ever hour, if Disney were to offer transport, they at least know when to expect a train to stop there..

Anyway, I do not think they would visit the Epcot entrance until they dropped their luggage somewhere (assume they are multi day visitors that arrived via rail to Springs.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Gonna be tough rebuilding that Communicore building, with Monoa's Journey of Water in the way. That's the only way to fix FW. Oh, don't forget, let's put Horizons back too.

I’m not patting them on the back for some great feat when it comes to the entrance. What’s beyond the entrance shows they don’t have a clue what they are doing.

Goofyernmost

not sure on space, but folks would have luggage coming off the train so (to me) if Disney were to offer bus transport, it would need to be busses more like what was used for MDE. My thought on a station at Springs, well for folks coming from Miami, taking the train would get them closer to Disney then a plane would and they would then have a closer stop where they could grab an UBER/taxi.

I assume the train (at most) would be ever hour, if Disney were to offer transport, they at least know when to expect a train to stop there..

Anyway, I do not think they would visit the Epcot entrance until they dropped their luggage somewhere (assume they are multi day visitors that arrived via rail to Springs.
Every hour?... how many trains are they running from coast to coast while making stops along the way. I'd bet two, maybe three at the most... heading past the airport, as a stop, toward Disney in route to Tampa and then back. It's not a shuttle, it is an actual passenger train designed to cross the state. That's around 120 miles each way. (again with stops) And what will the fees be? Again an actual running train that has to have income to run. Disney Magic is not going to sprinkle Pixie dust on it and make it a freebee. I can't think of a single reason why EPCOT would be considered a stop at all.

CntrlFlPete

Every hour?... how many trains are they running from coast to coast while making stops along the way. I'd bet two, maybe three at the most... heading past the airport, as a stop, toward Disney in route to Tampa and then back. It's not a shuttle, it is an actual passenger train designed to cross the state. That's around 120 miles each way. (again with stops) And what will the fees be? Again an actual running train that has to have income to run. Disney Magic is not going to sprinkle Pixie dust on it and make it a freebee. I can't think of a single reason why EPCOT would be considered a stop at all.
Honestly, I was just tossing a number out while trying to say it is easier to plan xport for a train station then it would be for resort guest leaving DS-- anyway, West Palm to Miami is a 1 hour Brightline route, a train runs between ever hour and ever 3 hours -- so there are times when a train arrives/departs every hour -- the route from WPB to Orlando airport is said to be 2 hours -- I do not know how many trains they run and what the expansions mean to depart/arrivals but they did seem to start down south w/ 1 hour departs -- I was thinking Miami to Orlando not Tampa to Orlando, I forget what they charge for the WPB to Miami and they do have something like a first class -- for my Epcot statement, it was only to try and be in topic (was kidding), I get the airport stop but am surprised about a Disney Springs stop -- anyway, from someone who spent most of their life in south FL, if I did not live up here now, I know I would take the train over driving and if staying in Orlando, I bet parking alone offsets the cost of taking the train verses driving!

Goofyernmost

Honestly, I was just tossing a number out while trying to say it is easier to plan xport for a train station then it would be for resort guest leaving DS-- anyway, West Palm to Miami is a 1 hour Brightline route, a train runs between ever hour and ever 3 hours -- so there are times when a train arrives/departs every hour -- the route from WPB to Orlando airport is said to be 2 hours -- I do not know how many trains they run and what the expansions mean to depart/arrivals but they did seem to start down south w/ 1 hour departs -- I was thinking Miami to Orlando not Tampa to Orlando, I forget what they charge for the WPB to Miami and they do have something like a first class -- for my Epcot statement, it was only to try and be in topic (was kidding), I get the airport stop but am surprised about a Disney Springs stop -- anyway, from someone who spent most of their life in south FL, if I did not live up here now, I know I would take the train over driving and if staying in Orlando, I bet parking alone offsets the cost of taking the train verses driving!
I was just adjusting the number to closer to what the possible reality might be and trying to state that I don't think that the train is going to be all that useful from the airport depending on the ticket rate. People that are on the west coast of Florida might see it as a viable thing to use as a day trip and commuter either east to west or the other way around will probably find a good deal with the train. I wasn't really trying to correct as much as understand what is expected from this mode of Transportation.

vikescaper

Have they painted the ceilings of the resort bus station canopies? While I was waiting for my bus last night, I noticed that it was painted blue. It could be a case of me not paying attention, though.

Haymarket2008

I saw the new entrance in person last week and it looks stunning, much better than the hideous mess that was there before. Sadly the charm fades the second you walk under SSE. Those new paint colors around the bathrooms are nice, again better than the ugliness that was before.

Agreed. There is an elegance in this new aesthetic that I really appreciate. Something that has been missing at the park for quite some time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom