Rumor New Orleans Mini-Land and "Reimagined" Country Bear Jamboree

Magenta Panther

Rumor or not, the removal of Frontierland is only a matter of time.

It could be expanded upon instead. It could be a celebration of the American frontier, including not only Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone, but Calamity Jane and Annie Oakley. Disney could recreate Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show, which toured the world and included inoffensive portrayals of Native Americans. But of course that won't happen. We're all supposed to be ashamed of the past and of those people. What an utter crock.

Magenta Panther

It seems that the Country Bears just can’t get off of the “Rumor Ride” lately. Ha! If it is true, I would actually be alright with Disney rebuilding the CBJ animatronics and have them perform the Vacation Hoedown again (The Christmas Special too if possible). I just want the Bears to still have their home at the Magic Kingdom for years to come. One of my all time favorites!

I've mentioned in the past that the Bears are pretty dated, much as I hate to say so. But really, it's just their material that's dated. If the Bears could be given a New Orleans flavor, replacing the country songs with ragtime and zydeco, I'd be okay with that.

Touchdown

They could keep the country theme too if they wanted to with some more recent songs (and by recent I mean 20-30 years ago so they’re classics) have Big Al sing all my exes live in Texas, Ernest Calling Baton Rouge, Trixie Jolene, Liverlips can do Burning Love, etc. Can even reuse some of Vacation Hoedown like ending with Thank God I’m a Country Bear, Rocky Top, Ghost Riders in the Sky. Still fits in Louisiana.

mysto

I did not click on the link. "no clicks for you"

How authentic are we going for? Spitting on the crowd off the bacony? Flashing for beads? Barf?

On a more serious note, there is a famous coffee shop in the quarter down by the river that resembles Pecos Bill's. Frontierland could be made an acurate reproduction of that area complete with a very similar (if smaller) view of boats on the river. Could be really nice. Sadly they're going to put a quick service in there instead of a coffeeshop.

I watched a gigantic fully loaded cargo ship flying down the Mississippi by there once, listing. Can't forget it.

cjkeating

What do you suggest they do instead? Turn people with mobility issues away?
With VR technology constantly improving I feel like this has to be a consideration for some attractions where it is highly disruptive to load people on to the attraction.

Have a look at what Efteling in the Netherlands does for one of their suspended omni-mover style dark rides.

EPCOTCenterLover

I love Latin culture and could see a seamless transition from the area around Big Thunder into something new that could still all feel Old West. It's an important part of the park. New Orleans Street? Sure, but do it right and don't skip all the great details. BUT part of what makes New Orleans Square so successful at Disneyland is the courtyards and alleyways. Would they even bother with that in Florida? I doubt it.

Disstevefan1

I love Latin culture and could see a seamless transition from the area around Big Thunder into something new that could still all feel Old West. It's an important part of the park. New Orleans Street? Sure, but do it right and don't skip all the great details. BUT part of what makes New Orleans Square so successful at Disneyland is the courtyards and alleyways. Would they even bother with that in Florida? I doubt it.
It comes down to money. They will spend tons on marketing, public relations and design and when it comes time to actually implement the changes, that’s when the cost cutting happens. It’s too bad.

BBarker34

I've mentioned in the past that the Bears are pretty dated, much as I hate to say so. But really, it's just their material that's dated. If the Bears could be given a New Orleans flavor, replacing the country songs with ragtime and zydeco, I'd be okay with that.
I have been for a new fourth CBJ show for awhile also. Only time will tell what will happen.

LittleBuford

With VR technology constantly improving I feel like this has to be a consideration for some attractions where it is highly disruptive to load people on to the attraction.

Have a look at what Efteling in the Netherlands does for one of their suspended omni-mover style dark rides.

I would sooner suffer a few minutes of “disruption” than force people with mobility issues to experience a lesser, virtual version of the ride.

James Alucobond

Other thought ... They could just keep the whole section including the newly proposed areas as Frontierland, but subdivide it into the Old West (re-annexed Diamond Horseshoe, shooting gallery, Country Bears, general stores), the River Delta (Harper's Mill, re-themed Tiana's Place in Pecos Bill, Bayou Adventure), and Plaza of the Americas (Big Thunder, Coco, Encanto). Wouldn't be terribly different from the way Fantasyland currently works with the Medieval Faire, Storybook Circus, and New Fantasyland.

lazyboy97o

Other thought ... They could just keep the whole section including the newly proposed areas as Frontierland, but subdivide it into the Old West (re-annexed Diamond Horseshoe, shooting gallery, Country Bears, general stores), the River Delta (Harper's Mill, re-themed Tiana's Place in Pecos Bill, Bayou Adventure), and Plaza of the Americas (Big Thunder, Coco, Encanto). Wouldn't be terribly different from the way Fantasyland currently works with the Medieval Faire, Storybook Circus, and New Fantasyland.
New Orleans Square was once considered part of Frontierland.

culturenthrills

I think it will have more of a bayou theme. Not New Orleans. Which is different. It would be easy to change Pecos Bills to a Tiana’s Foods Co-Op style theme. It would be a pretty easy change. Serving beignets and other Louisiana style cuisine. My only thing is they would have to move the Southwestern style/BBQ menu to somewhere else. I can’t imagine not having that type of food in the park.

TTA94

If they do give Frontierland a makeover, whatever that be, a few things I hope they do is add a parade gate instead of it being a open path so to speak heading backstage. I was never a fan of there not being a parade gate there.
Also I’d like to see them add permanent themed lighting towers for entertainment along the parade route like the castle hub has. Projectors like MSUSA now has might also be beneficial and help spread out the crowds. As far Rivers of America maybe some sort of movable floating barges, similar to the RoL Lotus, would be a cool addition as well well nighttime shows?

Brer Panther

Then supposedly the show itself will revert back to Vacation Hoedown.
...how would that make it more "New Orleans-y"?
Anyone else feel like all this may be happening because of their knee jerk reaction to replacing splash with Tiana and then having the “oh ….” moment trying to make it appear to work and fit
It's not just you. I feel like that too.

Either that, or it is indeed just more of the slippery slope that Disney went down when they announced the Splash Mountain retheme. But I'm guessing it's the first one, seeing as there aren't any rumors about them retheming Disneyland's Frontierland.
Aye. I remember some years ago a rumor about CBJ being replaced with a “Woody’s Roundup” type show as a companion piece to Tomorrowland’s Buzz Lightyear.
I wouldn't be surprised if that was indeed considered. I wouldn't put anything past Iger.

neo999955

In the Parks
No
I am pretty on board with these changes, if they were to actually happen. I'm in my 30s and have been going to Disney for the past decade every year or so. I've gone with tons of friends and family, almost all new to the parks, and none of us have any attachment to Frontierland. I absolutely understand why it was built and why many people do have an attachment to it - but for a lot of people like us it does very little. So the re-theme there doesn't bother me and feels a bit exciting (especially putting in some better food over there).

I have been a big proponent of the beyond thunder mountain plains since they were rudely teased to us - so I really hope it happens. His suggestions make sense and if this is a ten year (or even better, a 5-7 year plan) I'd be really happy. I could see Tiana next year, New Orleans retheme happening right around or after it, Coco in 2027, Encanto 2028 and then Villains for 2030. Let's will it into being.

Patcheslee

I think you need to be practical. The Rivers of America and Tom Sawyer Island take up quite a bit of real estate relative to the amount of people they accommodate.
Retheme Tom Sawyer to bayou, convert Aunt Polys, move Liberty Square Riverboat to the bridge in Frontierland with almost no retheme needed.

Disstevefan1

When it comes to Disney, don’t believe anything until it’s finished.
Agreed, Disney cancels stuff they formally announce all the time, and this is just a rumor so at this point it's just fun to speculate.

I honestly believe Disney wants to spend as little money as possible in WDW going forward, other than new DVC resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom