Rumor New Orleans Mini-Land and "Reimagined" Country Bear Jamboree

TheMaxRebo

If you actually read this and other related threads, a lot of people are dubious of the source. That doesn't mean people won't still discuss how they'd like to see it come to fruition if it were true.

Exactly

It does feel like there is a lot of various chatter about beyond Big Thunder/villains land and then combined with Iger saying they will I vest $17bn and d'Amarro saying they have plenty of money that they will do *something* ... Then it is just fun armchair imagineering to discuss what that would be, how it "could" fit, etc ... No one is saying this is definitely happening

Willmark

It could be expanded upon instead. It could be a celebration of the American frontier, including not only Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone, but Calamity Jane and Annie Oakley. Disney could recreate Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show, which toured the world and included inoffensive portrayals of Native Americans. But of course that won't happen. We're all supposed to be ashamed of the past and of those people. What an utter crock.
You’re preaching to the choir here. My comment is that if Splash can get remade so will Frontierland.

If it does stay and gets moved I think doing something with Woody and Bullseye would be a natural fit. Also has the added bonus of IP tie ins. If it were to survive that is route I could see Disney going.

But make no mistake, Frontierland’s days are numbered. Not if, just a question of when IMO.

Bocabear

You’re preaching to the choir here. My comment is that if Splash can get remade so will Frontierland.

If it does stay and gets moved I think doing something with Woody and Bullseye would be a natural fit. Also has the added bonus of IP tie ins. If it were to survive that is route I could see Disney going.

But make no mistake, Frontierland’s days are numbered. Not if, just a question of when IMO.
Dear God, please no more Toy Story! Frontierland themed to the frontier, not another crappy Toybox theme. Let Frontierland celebrate the Western Frontier... maybe adding a little dip into Mexican culture... but please! no more Toys....

Willmark

Dear God, please no more Toy Story! Frontierland themed to the frontier, not another crappy Toybox theme. Let Frontierland celebrate the Western Frontier... maybe adding a little dip into Mexican culture... but please! no more Toys....
Again not what I want to happen rather what I think will happen. What you outline? Sounds cool, I’d be all for it. Zero chance Disney does it.

Overall of this is non-IP rides/attractions. Anything that can’t sell toys merchandise whatever at the end of the ride is on the chopping block.

Frontierland has that and the reasons Disney wants to get rid of it.

Swiss family, Tom Sawyers island, river boat, HoP and liberty square are likely being evaluated. Add in any other non Disney themed IP here.

Only a matter of time for COP and… deep breath everyone: Space Mountain. Only a matter of time before it gets rebranded into something related to Buzz Lightyear.

James Alucobond

Again not what I want to happen rather what I think will happen. What you outline? Sounds cool, I’d be all for it. Zero chance Disney does it.

Overall of this is non-IP rides/attractions. Anything that can’t sell toys merchandise whatever at the end of the ride is on the chopping block.

Frontierland has that and the reasons Disney wants to get rid of it.

Swiss family, Tom Sawyers island, river boat, HoP and liberty square are likely being evaluated. Add in any other non Disney themed IP here.

Only a matter of time for COP and… deep breath everyone: Space Mountain. Only a matter of time before it gets rebranded into something related to Buzz Lightyear.
While I’m sure everything is always being evaluated, I feel attractions like it’s a small world, Carousel of Progress, Hall of Presidents, Space Mountain, and Haunted Mansion have a bit of a halo effect that generally protects them, if only partially. Country Bears, the Treehouse, and the like do not have similar wards against full-on IP intrusion.

Willmark

While I’m sure everything is always being evaluated, I feel attractions like it’s a small world, Carousel of Progress, Hall of Presidents, Space Mountain, and Haunted Mansion have a bit of a halo effect that generally protects them, if only partially. Country Bears, the Treehouse, and the like do not have similar wards against full-on IP intrusion.
Anything is possible.

It’s also possible the Mouse continues after the IP $ like they always do.

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
Just to be clear: The blue sky pitch that was made at last year’s D23 was about presenting an opportunity to use land behind Big Thunder Mountain for expansion, but not about putting in Coco and Encanto lands. I believe those were drawn in the concept art as examples. They could use that expansion plot to build a new version of Frontierland while the current one can become a New Orleans Square-type land. (The rest of said expansion plot could definitely be used for Villains land.) It’s not like Disney wants to move away from cowboys and the Wild West just because they are being frowned upon in today’s society. People still like Wild West culture even in this modern era, and it would be stupid for them to say no. You think they'd decide to ban and yank Home on the Range from circulation?

BlakeW39

No such thing as a halo effect. The ride either benefits Disney or it doesn't, and if it's the latter then any of those rides could be replaced. Luckily none of those rides seem to present issues right now. But if one of them DID....Disney would happily light them on fire. Just like they did EPCOT Center. Just like they did Splash Mountain. And just like they will other fan-favorite attractions in the future. Disney does not care about parks fans, period.

James Alucobond

WDW has made me genuinely hate Toy Story.
Eh, as long as Space Ranger Spin eventually gets kicked into the abyss, I’m fine with it. Toy Story Land can and should be further enhanced to better utilize the space, address some clear issues of scale, and create something more explorable, but at the end of the day, it has two decent dining options in a park otherwise fairly sad in that regard, and it absorbs a lot of bodies that would otherwise be in the way for things I actually want to ride. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Incomudro

No such thing as a halo effect. The ride either benefits Disney or it doesn't, and if it's the latter then any of those rides could be replaced. Luckily none of those rides seem to present issues right now. But if one of them DID....Disney would happily light them on fire. Just like they did EPCOT Center. Just like they did Splash Mountain. And just like they will other fan-favorite attractions in the future. Disney does not care about parks fans, period.
I wish I didn't agree with this, but Disney continues to provide evidence for what you are saying.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
I wish I didn't agree with this, but Disney continues to provide evidence for what you are saying.
They seem to only care about the large number of imaginary Disney fans that are complaining about Splash Mountain, Country Bears, etc.

LittleBuford

The Swiss Family Robinson is already a Disney IP (I'm referring to the 1960 film). They're even retheming Disneyland's treehouse back to it.

yensidtlaw1969

The Swiss Family Robinson is already a Disney IP (I'm referring to the 1960 film). They're even retheming Disneyland's treehouse back to it.

That isn't exactly what's happening there - although truthfully I don't know why not, as you'd think simply returning it to the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse would make more sense than "The Adventureland Treehouse inspired by Walt Disney's Swiss Family Robinson" goobledegook they've chosen instead. You're already putting the name of the property on the entrance sign, just commit to it. I can't figure out how anybody thought that abstractified, copy-of-a-copy concept was a better idea than just restoring the fondly remembered Swiss Family Treehouse.

FigmentFan82

I think there's a D+ movie or show coming

Bocabear

It is an intriguing thought that WDW could essentially move Frontierland to an expansion around the river on the other side of Big Thunder... Maybe build Geyser Gulch like Hong Kong, and move the Country Bears over there... It would certainly be a way to make Frontierland completely fresh and new...and more engaging than just the walkway to Splash Mountain... There was a time when Frontierland was the dead end... before Pirates... It could be again...and really plussed and detailed like an old mining town. Grizzly Mountain?

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
It is an intriguing thought that WDW could essentially move Frontierland to an expansion around the river on the other side of Big Thunder... Maybe build Geyser Gulch like Hong Kong, and move the Country Bears over there... It would certainly be a way to make Frontierland completely fresh and new...and more engaging than just the walkway to Splash Mountain... There was a time when Frontierland was the dead end... before Pirates... It could be again...and really plussed and detailed like an old mining town. Grizzly Mountain?
I don't mind that idea. But I don't think Disney's going to spend money on ANYTHING non-IP-related right now. So I'd much rather they just keep Frontierland where it is and not add Cocoland or Encantoland (which is what they would do if anything happens). Even the Villains land really ought to be connected to Fantasyland from the Haunted Mansion side (as a sort of dark counterpart to Fantasyland, not a separate individual land).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom