Rumor New Orleans Mini-Land and "Reimagined" Country Bear Jamboree

Incomudro

It is an intriguing thought that WDW could essentially move Frontierland to an expansion around the river on the other side of Big Thunder... Maybe build Geyser Gulch like Hong Kong, and move the Country Bears over there... It would certainly be a way to make Frontierland completely fresh and new...and more engaging than just the walkway to Splash Mountain... There was a time when Frontierland was the dead end... before Pirates... It could be again...and really plussed and detailed like an old mining town. Grizzly Mountain?
That would certainly help.
As it is, WDW's Frontierland - with the removal of Splash from the theme - isn't much of anything at all.

mickEblu

That isn't exactly what's happening there - although truthfully I don't know why not, as you'd think simply returning it to the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse would make more sense than "The Adventureland Treehouse inspired by Walt Disney's Swiss Family Robinson" goobledegook they've chosen instead. You're already putting the name of the property on the entrance sign, just commit to it. I can't figure out how anybody thought that abstractified, copy-of-a-copy concept was a better idea than just restoring the fondly remembered Swiss Family Treehouse.

Probably because its 2023 so naturally one of the sons needed to be recast as a female/ daughter for the D+ show which means the daughter gets a room at Disneylands treehouse which means its not the old Swiss Family treehouse.

FigmentJedi

Probably because its 2023 so naturally one of the sons needed to be recast as a female/ daughter for the D+ show which means the daughter gets a room at Disneylands treehouse which means its not the old Swiss Family treehouse.
Actually, it's "Inspired by Swiss Family Robinson" because it's some random new family associated with SEA.

solidyne

Dear God, please no more Toy Story! Frontierland themed to the frontier, not another crappy Toybox theme. Let Frontierland celebrate the Western Frontier... maybe adding a little dip into Mexican culture... but please! no more Toys....
781920AC-5DF0-4D06-82B3-EA3EAB292B32.gif

Animaniac93-98

That isn't exactly what's happening there - although truthfully I don't know why not, as you'd think simply returning it to the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse would make more sense than "The Adventureland Treehouse inspired by Walt Disney's Swiss Family Robinson" goobledegook they've chosen instead. You're already putting the name of the property on the entrance sign, just commit to it. I can't figure out how anybody thought that abstractified, copy-of-a-copy concept was a better idea than just restoring the fondly remembered Swiss Family Treehouse.

It may have been the only way to get it through corporate, who would otherwise balk at investing in an revision that was only based on a 60+ year old live action movie.

IanDLBZF

You know guys, I have a funny feeling over at Disneyland that Critter Country is going to be rethemed as part of New Orleans Square, while the area surrounding "The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh" becomes Pooh Corner.
Anybody else have that same feeling?

yensidtlaw1969

It may have been the only way to get it through corporate, who would otherwise balk at investing in an revision that was only based on a 60+ year old live action movie.
I'm not sure that's it - what executive is gonna look and say "Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse is no good - but The Adventureland Treehouse, merely inspired by Walt Disney's Swiss Family Robinson? Well that's a different story!"

Especially because a Swiss Family Robinson reboot seems to be in the works for Disney+. You'd think they would just lean into that and base it on the new one since what they're doing is only half a step away anyway.

co10064

Premium Member
You know guys, I have a funny feeling over at Disneyland that Critter Country is going to be rethemed as part of New Orleans Square, while the area surrounding "The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh" becomes Pooh Corner.
Whatever happens to that area, it will certainly be odd to have an area with one Winnie the Pooh attraction and that's it.

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
I have had that same idea too! If they do Pooh Corner though, they should turn Hungry Bear into a Pooh-themed full service restaurant, either called "The Honey Tree" or "Milne's" (after Winnie-the-Pooh creator A.A. Milne), and change the name of the gift shop to "Hundred Acre Goods".

IanDLBZF

I have had that same idea too! If they do Pooh Corner though, they should turn Hungry Bear into a Pooh-themed full service restaurant, either called "The Honey Tree" or "Milne's" (after Winnie-the-Pooh creator A.A. Milne), and change the name of the gift shop to "Hundred Acre Goods".
I also wonder what will happen to Harbour Galley?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Some thoughts on this while the rumor is hot:

While as a theme park history fan I'd be very sad to see Frontierland go by the wayside, it'd make much more sense thematically to have Frontierland become a New Orleans street or breezeway, as that'd make a much more seamless transition over to TBA when it opens and would honestly be a great transition over from Liberty Square. One thing I just hope they do is maintain the charm of Country Bear Jamboree, even if they are going to do a new version. As for the existing expansion, I think Big Thunder Mountain will fit nicely into a southern land expansion, which I almost see as a spiritual successor to the original Frontierland. The villains land has been so long overdue, and if its greenlit, I'm extremely excited to see what comes about of it!
What city do you think THIS is?
1682372599803.png

It's New Orleans. really.

Last edited:

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
Posted this in the other thread: I heard from someone in the know (same person who told me last July that Tron wasn't going to have guests on it till March) that Frontierland (and Country Bears) is not going away, but TSI will definitely be affected by the Beyond Big Thunder plans. CBJ might get hit by the inclusivity team, but the attraction itself and the Frontierland around it is NOT being replaced, from what I've heard.

MadderAdder

Posted this in the other thread: I heard from someone in the know (same person who told me last July that Tron wasn't going to have guests on it till March) that Frontierland (and Country Bears) is not going away, but TSI will definitely be affected by the Beyond Big Thunder plans. CBJ might get hit by the inclusivity team, but the attraction itself and the Frontierland around it is NOT being replaced, from what I've heard.
I think a updated/reimagined CBJ be welcomed. But to each their own!

BlakeW39

If this ends up being true then I suppose we're back to square one— why did Bob have to plop Tiana in Frontierland. That bothers me almost as much as killing Splash to do it (okay not quite but still).

doctornick

If this ends up being true then I suppose we're back to square one— why did Bob have to plop Tiana in Frontierland. That bothers me almost as much as killing Splash to do it (okay not quite but still).

They can build a New Orleans Square on the other side of Splash going from the train station and north. There's room there to do something like a restaurant (e.g. Tiana's place) and a shop. Depending on how they arrange "Beyond Thunder Mountain" - if that gets done too - they can even continue some NOLA theming over a bridge into that area north of the RoA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom