Rumor New Orleans Mini-Land and "Reimagined" Country Bear Jamboree

scottieRoss

More realistically they could try a Tiana mini land behind/ to the side of Splash, where the restrooms and gift shop currently reside, maybe even expand behind. To reroute the parade route really doesn’t make much sense
Except for the big showbuilding, tanks and infrastructure for TBA and then the huge parade infrastructure behind the Splash Exit shop. Parade Warehouse, typically another parade in storage, holiday parades and Big Thunder Maint center.
The other side of TBA includes the parade start off and the end of the line for the garbage system. All of the land West of that is set aside for conservation (west of the canal) or recreation open space like golf or parks. Additionally, the only land suitable for building around MK is North of Big Thunder and East to World Drive. The west side land between TBA and the canal is marginally suitable for building. This is all from the 2020 Planning documents.

The beauty of size no longer exists at Walt Disney World.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I’m not convinced that WDW is going to spend extra money to re-theme an existing area for our benefit…. How will it make the money back? If the answer is it won’t, then they won’t do it. Imo of course… rumor busted
Beignets. Lots and lots of beignets. $$$$$$$. Also opportunities to sell goods like Tiana Foods hot sauce, Tiana Foods beignet mix, Tiana Foods coffee, etc.

Alright, I'll be the Debby downer...I absolutely hate this idea.

It completely ruins the beauty of that area of the park. The progression from Colonial America to 1800's Wild West is so obviously intentional—there was so much thought and care put into the design there.

But hey, who cares about design when there are plush toys to sell!?
New Orleans existed in the same period of time so it can still work as a passage through time out west.

That said, I don't like the idea because I don't think WDW needs more New Orleans, and I'm from New Orleans. I like that New Orleans Square is unique to DL. POFQ is there for people that want beignets, gumbo, and jambalaya.

FWIW if they're going in a retheme direction they'd do better to make it more swampy than city of New Orleans. That river doesn't make sense without a levee but with some trees it could more swampy. Here are some photos of the cafe in the New Orleans zoo, as a different direction than replicating New Orleans Square. Besides, it'd fit in better to be less jarring of a change.

AudubonZoo117.jpg
AudubonZoo119.jpg
P1100745-1820x1024.jpg
Screenshot_20230414_203253_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
The rumor was that CBJ would actually not be replaced. The outside facade will get an update, akin to Muppet Vision 3D when it switched to a downtown-LA theater kind of look style.

Supposedly, WDI is hoping for a budget to redo the AA's into new ones, to move away from the hard to find old-parts and ease maintenance. Then supposedly the show itself will revert back to Vacation Hoedown. And with these tech/show upgrades, WDI hopes that will keep Disney from ridding of CBJ in the future after investing into it.

But at the bare minimum, if there is no budget for show upgrades, the facade will get refreshed to align with New Orleans Street and the inside will remain the "same".

So CBJ is here to stay, at least according to this rumor.
Good.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
Join The World Famous Country Bears on a musical revue of New Orleans in the all new Zydeco & Blues Revival with special opening act Lester Possum and his Bayou band.

Last edited:

WorldExplorer

If it's vacation hoedown and Christmas special on rotation, I'm down.

You're much more.optimistic than me if you think they wouldn't screw with the current one.

Edit: I did not see the elaborating on the rumor...even in that context, though, "we're just going to replace the parts and change nothing" just seems unrealistic, but wouldn't be bad if it happened.

Last edited:

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
I think you need to be practical. The Rivers of America and Tom Sawyer Island take up quite a bit of real estate relative to the amount of people they accommodate.
Instead of a permanent docking, would it not instead be beneficial to give TSI a worthy attraction or two thus giving the riverboat purpose as it ferries guests to the land's new offerings? I think better attractions is the answer. The riverboat could be an attraction within itself or serve to set the stage, a pre-queue show if you will, for the island's main attraction(s). The question then becomes what do you put out there? And would it fit within the new "Beyond Big Thunder" rubric?

DisneyDreamerxyz

Hopefully this explains why the Briar Patch and Prairie Outpost have been closed since 2020. They have a masterplan. This part of the park is kinda outdated and the only reason most people walked down this way was to run to Splash or Big Thunder. Peco's Bills has never had a good reputation from the CM perspective as a good place to work so a refresh would be welcome.

MagicHappens1971

Hopefully this explains why the Briar Patch and Prairie Outpost have been closed since 2020. They have a masterplan. This part of the park is kinda outdated and the only reason most people walked down this way was to run to Splash or Big Thunder. Peco's Bills has never had a good reputation from the CM perspective as a good place to work so a refresh would be welcome.
Briar Patch remained closed because they had no splash merch to sell and Disney had already announced the redo. They kept smaller merch stores closed for staffing. I don’t know if Prairie Outpost is the exit gift shop or not but it was open for a while before the attraction closed. Not saying there isn’t a plan but this isn’t some elaborate thought out scheme

FettFan

Actually this was on someone else’s vlog the other night before Brayden and many pieces of this have been rumored in and around these forums for awhile so it’s not really new, just picking up more steam

Regardless I’m not going to believe anything until I see them complete it.

Aye. I remember some years ago a rumor about CBJ being replaced with a “Woody’s Roundup” type show as a companion piece to Tomorrowland’s Buzz Lightyear.
Beignets. Lots and lots of beignets. $$$$$$$. Also opportunities to sell goods like Tiana Foods hot sauce, Tiana Foods beignet mix, Tiana Foods coffee, etc.

New Orleans existed in the same period of time so it can still work as a passage through time out west.

That said, I don't like the idea because I don't think WDW needs more New Orleans, and I'm from New Orleans. I like that New Orleans Square is unique to DL. POFQ is there for people that want beignets, gumbo, and jambalaya.

FWIW if they're going in a retheme direction they'd do better to make it more swampy than city of New Orleans. That river doesn't make sense without a levee but with some trees it could more swampy. Here are some photos of the cafe in the New Orleans zoo, as a different direction than replicating New Orleans Square. Besides, it'd fit in better to be less jarring of a change.

View attachment 710405View attachment 710406View attachment 710409View attachment 710410

I do miss that zoo. 🥰

DisneyDreamerxyz

Briar Patch remained closed because they had no splash merch to sell and Disney had already announced the redo. They kept smaller merch stores closed for staffing. I don’t know if Prairie Outpost is the exit gift shop or not but it was open for a while before the attraction closed. Not saying there isn’t a plan but this isn’t some elaborate thought out scheme

Briar Patch is not the exit gift shop nor is was it exclusive to Splash Mountain merch. The exit shop was called "Splashdown Photos". The other Frontierland shop that is closed is this one. It used to be sponsored by Smuckers.
1681536666379.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom