Rumor New Orleans Mini-Land and "Reimagined" Country Bear Jamboree

comics101

Alright, I'll be the Debby downer...I absolutely hate this idea.

It completely ruins the beauty of that area of the park. The progression from Colonial America to 1800's Wild West is so obviously intentional—there was so much thought and care put into the design there.

But hey, who cares about design when there are plush toys to sell!?

tissandtully

A reimagined Country Bears sounds cool, love the current show, would be nice if they did something for Christmas like they used to, but I'll take some updated AAs and new songs.

DisneyFreak

What would this mean for Tom Sawyer Island? Doesn't seem to be part of this rumor. May be nice to retheme and incorporate it and have a bridge on each side of the island to relieve congestion along Frontierland/New Orleans Land?

doctornick

Sounds terrible. First of all, it's awful to waste money on retheming to replace perfectly functional quality venues. CBJ is awesome, why spend money to replace it? If you want to add New Orleans "stuff" do it on the back side of Splash around the train station where there is room and an expansion pad. Y'know, actually add things.

Second, Frontierland is a great theme and a well established part of castle parks. It should be kept especially given BTMRR as a classic attraction.

MagicHappens1971

Why though? Don't any of you like the theme the original parks had. It's like they are becoming MK. Just IP everywhere.
I don't really see the difference with a land like Fantasyland, that has existed since the inception of Disneyland, that was always filled with IPs and then building a detailed, thematic and immersive land centered around a single or multiple IPs. I would prefer for Fronteirland to stay as Fronteirland, even if they want to infuse more IPs.

I like unique attractions, but they don't seem to be building many. I also like riding attractions that transport me to the places that I enjoy see in movies and other media.

gerarar

Premium Member
Sounds terrible. First of all, it's awful to waste money on retheming to replace perfectly functional quality venues. CBJ is awesome, why spend money to replace it? If you want to add New Orleans "stuff" do it on the back side of Splash around the train station where there is room and an expansion pad. Y'know, actually add things.

Second, Frontierland is a great theme and a well established part of castle parks. It should be kept especially given BTMRR as a classic attraction.
The rumor was that CBJ would actually not be replaced. The outside facade will get an update, akin to Muppet Vision 3D when it switched to a downtown-LA theater kind of look style.

Supposedly, WDI is hoping for a budget to redo the AA's into new ones, to move away from the hard to find old-parts and ease maintenance. Then supposedly the show itself will revert back to Vacation Hoedown. And with these tech/show upgrades, WDI hopes that will keep Disney from ridding of CBJ in the future after investing into it.

But at the bare minimum, if there is no budget for show upgrades, the facade will get refreshed to align with New Orleans Street and the inside will remain the "same".

So CBJ is here to stay, at least according to this rumor.

Jrb1979

I don't really see the difference with a land like Fantasyland, that has existed since the inception of Disneyland, that was always filled with IPs and then building a detailed, thematic and immersive land centered around a single or multiple IPs. I would prefer for Fronteirland to stay as Fronteirland, even if they want to infuse more IPs.

I like unique attractions, but they don't seem to be building many. I also like riding attractions that transport me to the places that I enjoy see in movies and other media.
That's what I want. For me IP has never been a draw. I go to Disney to be immersed in the ride not the IP. The ride itself needs to good not the IP. A good example is Velocicoaster. One of the best coasters in the US and the IP had nothing to do with it.

Just an aside iMO many of you don't get out much and see how other parks make good rides not dependent on IP.

Touchdown

The rumor was that CBJ would actually not be replaced. The outside facade will get an update, akin to Muppet Vision 3D when it switched to a downtown-LA theater kind of look style.

Supposedly, WDI is hoping for a budget to redo the AA's into new ones, to move away from the hard to find old-parts and ease maintenance. Then supposedly the show itself will revert back to Vacation Hoedown. And with these tech/show upgrades, WDI hopes that will keep Disney from ridding of CBJ in the future after investing into it.

But at the bare minimum, if there is no budget for show upgrades, the facade will get refreshed to align with New Orleans Street and the inside will remain the "same".

So CBJ is here to stay, at least according to this rumor.
Vacation Hoedown features “On the Road Again” which has a problematic lyric…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom