New Official Rules for 2008 YOMD--new prizes!

Laura

I've mailed 4 postcards a day for a year now and no DVC membership yet for me! But we have won about 20 hats and 5 lanyards.

Dh groaned when he heard there was going to be another year of postcards!!:lol:

Are you serious? That's $1.04 every day x 365 = $379.60 in postage! Wouldn't be worth it to me. :lol:

Though you may be able to put the hats on ebay and recoup the losses. :lol:

kjd469

How funny! I've never heard that! :lol:

As Canadians we may have to answer "a skill-testing question", but it is always something very simple - and the up side is we DO NOT pay taxes on any winnings - if we win a million dollars, it's a million dollars - so the math question isn't too bad.

My family won twice on our summer visit - Dream Fast Passes at MGM, and Lanyards at Epcot - we felt very lucky!! Now that I see the new prizes for 2008, I'm definitely excited about our trip planned for March!:)

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster
So does this mean all the old prizes from this past year are no longer winnable?(if thats a word:p)

Didnt check out the link, but if the op is basically the best of the best prizes that are being offered in 2008 Im a lil let down. They dont really seem all that great, non that would really interest me. The ones from this year like the castle stay and the grand marshall in every parade prize are ones that I would have loved to win and hopefully they will return.

HSM 3 premier, wow, they already know they are going to have another one next year. Pretty sad IMO, if I won it, I would take it but its not something I consider a real prize or any kind of prize honestly.

No, all of the old "major prizes" (grand marshal tour, dvc, etc) are still there. I was just pointing out some new interesting ones.

I've mailed 4 postcards a day for a year now and no DVC membership yet for me! But we have won about 20 hats and 5 lanyards.

Dh groaned when he heard there was going to be another year of postcards!!:lol:

Wow! I'll take some of those hats off of you if you'd like....
I better start mailing some in. If I mail in one postcard a week, that comes out to only $20.....I can handle that.

The twinkling stars attached to SSE on page 21 of the dream catalog make me a little nervous. Tell me they aren't coming back!

haha...it does look weird. I think there'd be 11 milllion people who'd storm the park if they put those stars back up.
But the balloon does look nice! I'd kill for that prize or the imagineering one.

What kind of post cards are we talking about? I've never done anything like this.

I'm thinking a 3x5 index card....but maybe DisneyFalcon can fill us in on the winning secret....lol.

And for a picture of the new suite, follow the link teruterubuzu gave us http://www.2008disneydreamcatalog.com/
And go to page 6-7.
BTW, is there any way to get a physical copy of that? It looks niiiice.
ohmygosh---go to page 12-13. That character breakfast with 25 characters takes place RIGHT ON MAIN STREET!!!

DisneyChik17

I'm thinking a 3x5 index card....but maybe DisneyFalcon can fill us in on the winning secret....lol.

If it is a 3x5 index card that would be incredibly easy. You could just print them out on the computer and then stamp them. No too bad considering I have enough index cards to mail about 5 a day (I won't be doing that though). So really, I am just paying postage.

Question: Do the cards have to be white? Will I get extra consideration if I put Disney stickers on the card? Will this 3x5 do? Someone help me!:shrug:

pirate-princess

WOW!! those prizes are amazing! my fav is the 15 day trip to all the disney parks!

it must have gone down well this year for them to carry out for another year!

i need to go back next year to have another shot at being tapped on the shoulder!

DisneyChik17

WOW!! those prizes are amazing! my fav is the 15 day trip to all the disney parks!

it must have gone down well this year for them to carry out for another year!

i need to go back next year to have another shot at being tapped on the shoulder!

I don't think it was so much that it went well as it is that it needed to be re-thought. This plan sounds much better than the first. Had they done this originally we may have been getting a new "celebration" this year. Oh well though, HSM3 premier, here I come! I hope. LOL!

Disneyfalcon

Are you serious? That's $1.04 every day x 365 = $379.60 in postage! Wouldn't be worth it to me. :lol:

Though you may be able to put the hats on ebay and recoup the losses. :lol:

I am serious and dh thinks I'm crazy!! :lol:

But I have listed many on ebay and made over $400! Plus kept some!! The ebay market is definitely cooling off now so I might not make any more, but it has more then payed for my costs so far.

Plus I've had lots of chances for a big prize, and best of all - the thrill we get when a box from Walt Disney comes in our mail!!!:sohappy:

Disneyfalcon

Last year the rules were very specific and required post cards of a certain size. Some people won without following the rules exactly but I didn't want to take any chances.

This year says paper or postcards. The most economical way to enter is with the prestamped postcards from the post office. They are postage + 2 cents. Much cheaper then a piece of paper in an envelope with stamp postage.

It also said to handwrite your information which I did. I printed mailing labels, and then about one night a month, I handwrote our info on the other side while watching TV.

I haven't studied the rules for next year as closely, so I don't know what has changed yet.:)

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding!!
You win the prize!

Their reasoning behind the celebration is just that---some people will think they have go go back just to get another chance at winning. The prizes that Disney is giving away is just a drop in the bucket for them, but the fact that hundreds of thousands of people will take a trip they might not otherwise have is what's keeping this thing going.
I'm all for it :)

nibblesandbits

Last year the rules were very specific and required post cards of a certain size. Some people won without following the rules exactly but I didn't want to take any chances.

This year says paper or postcards. The most economical way to enter is with the prestamped postcards from the post office. They are postage + 2 cents. Much cheaper then a piece of paper in an envelope with stamp postage.

It also said to handwrite your information which I did. I printed mailing labels, and then about one night a month, I handwrote our info on the other side while watching TV.

I haven't studied the rules for next year as closely, so I don't know what has changed yet.:)
Care to show us what you used to send to Disney? I was just curious...as I'd like to start doing this.

Disneyfalcon

Care to show us what you used to send to Disney? I was just curious...as I'd like to start doing this.

No problem nibbles. These are the prestamped post cards from the post office. They are .28 cents each.

Here's the front. This is the current address to send them to, it will change slightly (different PO box)for 2008. I printed the labels out.:

IMG_1823003.jpg

Here's the back. It is handwritten. I blurred out my info for this post. I wrote this address the opposite direction then the front so the post office computer wouldn't confuse the two:

IMG_1821001.jpg

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster
No problem nibbles. These are the prestamped post cards from the post office. They are .28 cents each.

Here's the front. This is the current address to send them to, it will change slightly (different PO box)for 2008. I printed the labels out.:

IMG_1823003.jpg

Here's the back. It is handwritten. I blurred out my info for this post. I wrote this address the opposite direction then the front so the post office computer wouldn't confuse the two:

IMG_1821001.jpg
Thanks! First stop tomorrow----the post office.
I'm thinking not many people send in these things as it's not as easy as just going online and entering so my chances of winning are pretty good. I mean, look how many people on here have won stuff through the mail!
Here's hoping for a set of ears!

nibblesandbits

I'm thinking not many people send in these things as it's not as easy as just going online and entering so my chances of winning are pretty good. I mean, look how many people on here have won stuff through the mail!
I'm right with you! Next chance I get to go to the post office, I"m getting some of these bad boys. :D

Thanks a lot for posting it! :wave:

Disneyfalcon

Good luck everyone!!:sohappy:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.

IMG_1823003.jpg

Elmhurst... wow.. the post office is right down the street from me... I wonder if I can just walk down the street and drop them off.. if they would still charge me for postage. :lol:

adam75081

The rules for the 2008 YOMD are now up online, along with some new prizes!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/index?name=YOMDGiveAwayRules08Page

If you scroll down to the bottom, it gives a description of all of the prizes they are giving away, and what they entail.

Some interesting ones:
Toy Story Mania Event Opening Trip
High School Musical 3 Trip (I love HSM!)
A lot of "special events" trips (MNSSHP, MVMCP, Night of Joy, etc)
And my favorite one:
A Spaceship Earth Tethered Hot Air Balloon Ride (WDW)
and a Happiest Balloon on Earth Tethered Hot Air Balloon Ride (DLR)

I would take anything listed on there!

Have we heard anything about High Shcool Musical 3?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom