New Official Rules for 2008 YOMD--new prizes!

DisneyPirate85

According to the official rules, it looks like they are building a few more suites. I believe (you'd have to re-read the website I linked) that a new suite is being built above Pirates in Disneyland. I don't have the time now to go back and double check that, maybe someone else can. That would be cool if they built a suite in each park, but nothing beats being able to sleep in the castle.

Thanks I thought I heard that right, the newest suit is at Disney Land Resort, just caught another commercial:sohappy:

DisneyChik17

I saw a newer commercial today, old commercial (video part) but New audio layed over it, was for 2008 YOAMD Prizes, had some of the same ones we are all familiar with including Castle Suit but also Promo'd overnight stays in certain parks in a suit, ANYONE else see this commercial, was on Travel Channel Today around 1:30pm?:confused:

I know they have built the "Mick Mouse Penthouse" in DL, but I am not sure where exactly. It looked pretty posh from the BRIEF clip I saw of it.

the-reason14

So does this mean all the old prizes from this past year are no longer winnable?(if thats a word:p)

Didnt check out the link, but if the op is basically the best of the best prizes that are being offered in 2008 Im a lil let down. They dont really seem all that great, non that would really interest me. The ones from this year like the castle stay and the grand marshall in every parade prize are ones that I would have loved to win and hopefully they will return.

HSM 3 premier, wow, they already know they are going to have another one next year. Pretty sad IMO, if I won it, I would take it but its not something I consider a real prize or any kind of prize honestly.

chels26

I saw a newer commercial today, old commercial (video part) but New audio layed over it, was for 2008 YOAMD Prizes, had some of the same ones we are all familiar with including Castle Suit but also Promo'd overnight stays in certain parks in a suit, ANYONE else see this commercial, was on Travel Channel Today around 1:30pm?:confused:
i saw most of the newer commerical. i was on this site checking up on the EPCOT updates.. and then i heard that magical tune, i hesitated, but then i heard the "2008 YOMD" so i got up and ran into the livingroom.

WDWFigment

spaceshipballoon.jpg

Here's the picture of the balloon. I was a part of the crew who toured this balloon back in 2000.

When I first saw that, I thought it was just another photoshop'd SSE. After doing a double take, I realized it was the coolest balloon ever!

Nicole220

Some interesting ones:
Toy Story Mania Event Opening Trip
High School Musical 3 Trip (I love HSM!)
A lot of "special events" trips (MNSSHP, MVMCP, Night of Joy, etc)
And my favorite one:
A Spaceship Earth Tethered Hot Air Balloon Ride (WDW)
and a Happiest Balloon on Earth Tethered Hot Air Balloon Ride (DLR)
Oy. Knowing my luck, I'd win that one... :dazzle:
No amount of money could get me on one... :cry:

:eek: How amazing would that be?!
I'd die. :dazzle:

Disneyfalcon

I've mailed 4 postcards a day for a year now and no DVC membership yet for me! But we have won about 20 hats and 5 lanyards.

Dh groaned when he heard there was going to be another year of postcards!!:lol:

MissM

Sorry if this is a repost, but I just saw one of the new 2008 YOAMD commericals. It was entirely new material and specifically mentions that the promotion is here for another year. What caught my eye though was the fine print included the new mail-in information as well.

New mail in dates are: 12/19/2007 - 12/31/2008

Address stays the same: PO BOX 8650 Elmhurst, IL 60126

So for anyone who mails in, the new start date for the new 2008 contest is December 12th.
-m

Rosscoe(AU)

Since the rules page wont load for me, could someone please have a look and see if this is still only open to select countries ( hoping Australia is one of them ).

Thanks.

DisneyparkFreak

Official Rules

So I'm reading the "official rules" and come across this tidbit.

(see item in RED)

All potential winners (whether selected at the Disney Properties or those selected from among mail-in entries) must fully comply with Sponsor's verification process, which may require, as a condition of winning and redeeming a prize, completing, signing and delivering an affidavit (or, for residents of Canada, Japan, and the UK (at Sponsor's discretion), a declaration) of eligibility, a liability release, a publicity release (where legally permitted), and any applicable forms, documents and agreements required by tax authorities and/or Sponsor to enable the prize to be awarded (collectively the "Prize Claim Documents") within the time frame specified by Sponsor. In addition, in order for a resident of Canada to be declared a winner, he/she must first correctly answer, without assistance of any kind in ascertaining the correct answer, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered in person or by mail or telephone, at Sponsor's option. Failure to complete, sign and deliver the Prize Claim Documents or to otherwise comply with these Official Rules will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the stated prize.

So what if i suck at math???:ROFLOL::lol:

MissM

Since the rules page wont load for me, could someone please have a look and see if this is still only open to select countries ( hoping Australia is one of them ).

Thanks.
You're in luck. The commercial just came on again literally as I was browsing the topic. I paused it and here's what the fine print says:

Open to legal residents of 50 states, DC, Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico, Australia, Japan & UK.

And Canada ALWAYS requires the winner to answer a math question. It has to do with laws that state prizes have to be earned in some form of merit. (As opposed to what might otherwise be seen as "gambling.")

Rosscoe(AU)

Miss M,

I love you, may your year be dusted with magic!

:sohappy:

One last quick question:

The postcards are addressed as

Disney's Year Of Magical Dreams
PO BOX 8650 Elmhurst, IL 60126

Thats all i need to know?

Laura

You're in luck. The commercial just came on again literally as I was browsing the topic. I paused it and here's what the fine print says:

Open to legal residents of 50 states, DC, Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico, Australia, Japan & UK.

And Canada ALWAYS requires the winner to answer a math question. It has to do with laws that state prizes have to be earned in some form of merit. (As opposed to what might otherwise be seen as "gambling.")

How funny! I've never heard that! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom