New Official Rules for 2008 YOMD--new prizes!

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster
Have we heard anything about High Shcool Musical 3?
I haven't heard too much yet, except for the fact that it comes out fall 2008. The working title is High School Musical 3: Gradu-Dancin'. But like anything---that could change.
I can't wait to hear more!

Lhriangel

I haven't heard too much yet, except for the fact that it comes out fall 2008. The working title is High School Musical 3: Gradu-Dancin'. But like anything---that could change.
I can't wait to hear more!

That's one rumor floating around. The other is that it is still going to have the Haunted theme and be a big screen premiere like announced earlier this year.

DisneyChik17

That's one rumor floating around. The other is that it is still going to have the Haunted theme and be a big screen premiere like announced earlier this year.

It will be in theaters. I have heard quite a few times that if it is not going to be in theaters that they do not want to do it. I don't know 100% how true it is, but it is what I have heard.

Lhriangel

It will be in theaters. I have heard quite a few times that if it is not going to be in theaters that they do not want to do it. I don't know 100% how true it is, but it is what I have heard.

I know that it has been the plan since announced that the third would be a theatrical release.

It is just until the title is released that we know what it will be. I know it was announced to be Haunted but the movie in talks w/the leads (via IMDB which I know is rather inaccurate) only says HS Musical 3.

DisneyChik17

I know that it has been the plan since announced that the third would be a theatrical release.

It is just until the title is released that we know what it will be. I know it was announced to be Haunted but the movie in talks w/the leads (via IMDB which I know is rather inaccurate) only says HS Musical 3.

Ooooohhhhhhh. I see.

I don't know how I feel about the whole Haunted thing though. I like the movies...A LOT, but I kind of want them to graduate. Maybe then we can have "College Musical: Dancin' Off the Freshman 15!" Haha.

Hi, all :wave:. My name is Mike and I'm new to the Forum.

My family and I make it a priority to visit Disneyworld at least twice a year. The last two times I was there was September 2006, for the Halloween party, and the launch of the YOMD. I was even able to see the very first public showing of [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Dream Along With Mickey. My most recent trip to the parks was the end of this August. I’m a big Disneyworld fanatic. I’ve been going since I was four, I’m 18 now, and it’s still as magical as ever.

My family and I have yet to win any prizes during YOMD. I am very happy to see this celebration continuing. Some of the new prizes sound amazing. It would be a dream to get that character breakfast. I wonder though, would you be able to pick your own characters, or will Disney just put who they want? I hope the winner would be able to pick from some sort of a collection of characters. It's time for me to start mailing out postcards, lol :lol:. Hopefully I'll be back at the park for the new Christmas party this year, if not I'll have to wait for the summer :hammer:. All that aside, I am very happy to see this celebration continuing.
[/FONT]

OmegaKnight

Although I can't win any of the prizes due to being a cast member, the prizes this time sound absolutely awesome. Some of my favorites include:

• The massive character breakfast on Main Street USA
  • The SSE Tethered Balloon ride
  • The trip to WDI's headquarters for a day in Glendale, California
  • The new Disneyland Suite located in New Orleans Square
  • The Toy Story Mania opening trip
Of course, they still have the prizes from the current YOMD like the Cinderella Castle Suite and such. Its going to be an awesome 2nd year.

moosicalnwdwmad

It was Haunted theme but is not anymore as it was scrapped it is now High School Musical 3 - Gradudancin and is about all of them getting ready to there graduation and all things going wrong. Sorry I no 2 much hsm stuff lol.

It is planned too be filmed April 08 (unconfirmed) and be released Sep/Oct 08 (unconfirmed again)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
It bugs me that they're not even trying to match the prizes to the winner. I'd rather not goto a giant character meal - it doesnt interest me at all - and you couldn't pay me to see HSM3.

A few others seem neat, but i'm sure will goto to someone who either doesn't appreciate it or doesn't want it like i dont want those two prizes.

Dsnyguy75

Yes the "official" name was "Airship Earth One". I don't have any information on it other than the press releases they gave us to give out while on tour. It no longer has the 2000 on it. After the tour, they sent it back to the manufacturer and had it redone with Epcot in its place. It's one of 4 balloons that the company owns. There's a Mickey, Donald, and Castle, as well as the SSE.

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster
Yes the "official" name was "Airship Earth One". I don't have any information on it other than the press releases they gave us to give out while on tour. It no longer has the 2000 on it. After the tour, they sent it back to the manufacturer and had it redone with Epcot in its place. It's one of 4 balloons that the company owns. There's a Mickey, Donald, and Castle, as well as the SSE.
Thanks!
I wish there was more information on it---it looks fascinating.
And I thought they owned 5 balloons---Mickey, Donald, Castle, SSE, and the HCOE Mickey with Gold ears
I have a link to a website that shows them actually sewing the HCOE balloon, and how many yards of fabric it took, man hours to make, and its schedule for when it toured the US. If I find it, I'll post the link.

pirate-princess

hi, could someone just clear something up for me? im a little confused (which sometimes isnt hard!)

you say you send a postcard to disney and you may win somthing?!

question 1 - did this happen in this years celebration

question 2 - does it apply to just guests in the USA? i live in UK, and would love to have a go!

JWG

hi, could someone just clear something up for me? im a little confused (which sometimes isnt hard!)

you say you send a postcard to disney and you may win somthing?!

question 1 - did this happen in this years celebration

question 2 - does it apply to just guests in the USA? i live in UK, and would love to have a go!

Read the Terms and Conditions of the contest, you can win if you're in the UK. There is a separate mailing address for UK entrants. I will see if I can find the link and add it here. They are including our friends in the UK :sohappy: (I think in park as well, meaning dreams will be given away at DLP if I read right).

EDIT: Here you go, right from the piece about 2 ways to enter:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/index?name=YOMDGiveAwayRules08Page

"Also, starting on December 19, 2007, eligible participants can enter without being present in a Disney Property by hand-writing their full name, complete mailing address (including postal code), daytime telephone number (including area code), and date of birth on a piece of paper or postcard and sending it with proper postage affixed to: P.O. Box 8650, Elmhurst, IL 60126, USA or if a legal resident of the UK: 2008 Disney Dreams Giveaway,483 Green Lanes, Suite 200, London N13 4BS, England. Limit one mail-in entry per person per day during the Giveaway Period. All mail-in entries must be mailed separately, postmarked on or between December 19, 2007 and December 31, 2008 and received by January 14, 2009 or they will be void."

fossilizedtrees

Maybe the only prize that I wouldn't accept, my fear of heights has suddenly come back to me.

Yeah, I don't think you'd have a problem with hieghts. Notice that is says "Tethared". I've seen them before they aren't that great only 20-40 ft off the ground.
That's why I'd perfer not to get that one, kinda lame. Except for the fact that the balloon is in the shape of SSE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom