New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Kman101

Without him being more specific all we can do is relate it to one of 3 projects he is involved with.

And I understand that but you have to be well aware that things get taken too far and broad assumptions are made. We need some clarity. For all we know it's a personal project.

Kman101

Without revealing too much, can anyone with inside knowledge give me a little clarity when they say the higher ups want it to be more "wow" or better than it is? Without seeing the show as is, or as it was intended to be before the issues arose, it's really hard to get a grasp on what they want or what needs to be done. I'm just curious why this appears to be a disaster.

cjkeating

Rohde posted this to instagram. If he is talking about a specific project I assume it's Rivers of Light View attachment 179934

This is the ninth in a series of posts Joe has made in the past few days, he started them off with this...
Ive decided to post a series of essays for designers and directors, regarding classic failures of logic.

Check out his Instagram for the previous 8.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Without revealing too much, can anyone with inside knowledge give me a little clarity when they say the higher ups want it to be more "wow" or better than it is? Without seeing the show as is, or as it was intended to be before the issues arose, it's really hard to get a grasp on what they want or what needs to be done. I'm just curious why this appears to be a disaster.
There have been suggestions made from leaders in regard to the creative direction. But then this happens all the time, and is not unusual for a project like this. The only thing that makes this unusual, is that Disney published an opening date, and then didn't meet it. If all of this had been done behind closed doors and without the spectre of the opening date hanging over it, I don't think there would be any of these types of discussions.

Kman101

There have been suggestions made from leaders in regard to the creative direction. But then this happens all the time, and is not unusual for a project like this. The only thing that makes this unusual, is that Disney published an opening date, and then didn't meet it. If all of this had been done behind closed doors and without the spectre of the opening date hanging over it, I don't think there would be any of these types of discussions.

Thank you :)

Mallen19

IMG_3476.JPG
IMG_3478.JPG
IMG_3479.JPG
No signs of life today - but a few photos to share

cjkeating

Do you know why an opening date was ever announced? If the show still isn't fully working 7 months later there is no way it was ever near being in a show ready state 7 months ago?!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom