New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Magic Feather

Based on internal rumblings, while it wouldn't shock me if it was for RoL, my suspicions lead me towards Tower of Guardians as his topic subject. (I doubt that this series wasn't directed towards at least one project. After the less than favorable reaction to the initial announcement, there were rumblings within TDA that they should call it off, but the logic "there is no turning back" kept TDA going (along with Chapek's incessant mandate).

EDIT: Saw the years in development part... Wow, and Rhode was one of the bigger believers in RoL. Although, I still sort of doubt it's RoL, mainly since that it is barely his project.

Last edited:

prfctlyximprct

ABF62E18-350A-4F75-A91A-CFAACF10C7E2_zps6qdrizjw.png

Fan girling so hard right about now

oceanbreeze77

Based on internal rumblings, while it wouldn't shock me if it was for RoL, my suspicions lead me towards Tower of Guardians as his topic subject. (I doubt that this series wasn't directed towards at least one project. After the less than favorable reaction to the initial announcement, there were rumblings within TDA that they should call it off, but the logic "there is no turning back" kept TDA going (along with Chapek's incessant mandate).

EDIT: Saw the years in development part... Wow, and Rhode was one of the bigger believers in RoL. Although, I still sort of doubt it's RoL, mainly since that it is barely his project.
After some paint was revealed yesterday its possible its about GOTG. I hope so and they decide not to do it anymore.

HauntedMansionFLA

A new show goes into development ASAP and all other things for nighttime get pushed back . WDW is not letting the Discovery River Theater go to waste after the money put in to make it. (See a certain jungle book they decided to make alive with magic)
Is there anyway to add more seating to ROL? We went to the nighttime show at DHS and the seating there was huge and packed. I know people have discussed the capacity concerns of ROL already but if you compared the two venues in person, you can see plain as day DAK will be in trouble with that aspect of the show. ROL area looks beautiful, just small in seating.

twebber55

Is there anyway to add more seating to ROL? We went to the nighttime show at DHS and the seating there was huge and packed. I know people have discussed the capacity concerns of ROL already but if you compared the two venues in person, you can see plain as day DAK will be in trouble with that aspect of the show. ROL area looks beautiful, just small in seating.
3 shows will help

Brian Swan

I don't remember the exact numbers, but several hundred pages ago I think I remember someone saying that 3 ROL shows would have roughly the same capacity of 2 F! shows...

Brian Swan

The insiders can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the parking lines are by design to mimic the carnival atmosphere.
Clearly the poster likes to be critical of things he doesn't understand. He seems to think the Dinoland area was an "actual" parking lot at one time.. That's probably one of the best compliments that the Disney theming people could get. :)

toolsnspools

Being that this is Joe, you should read the post through his personality filter...

I wonder who the venomous snakes are?
?? #businesssuccess, #businessplan, #organization ?? Doesn't sound like Joe to me.

Unfortunately, I think his post is bigger than any one project.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Why are people so against characters and IPs in Animal Kingdom? Characters are literally built into the heart of the park. The actual icon for the park right in the center, the Tree of Life, houses a Bugs Life attraction. The two most popular shows in the park are Lion King and Nemo (Tarzan before that). Dinosaur is (loosely) connected to the movie Dinosaur. There is a land in the park called Rafiki's Planet Watch themed to Rafiki from Lion King. There was a temporary land called Camp Minnie-Mickey themed primarily to classic Disney Characters that also had a Pocahantas show. Beastly Kingdom was planned to have a Fantasia boat ride.

I understand it with Epcot. Even if I personally have no problem with well used Disney Characters in Epcot, I get that the original goal was to not have Disney Characters in that park. So, I understand why people get upset with Disney movie themed rides there.

BUT Animal Kingdom has always been full of Disney Characters. Why do people act like using more Disney Characters would be a tragedy in Animal Kingdom? Why not have a Bambi ride on Discovery Island? Or a Jungle Book Attraction in Asia? Or a parade and/or nighttime show that features Disney's wild characters? As long as it is Animal focused and jungle/forest environments, why not include some Disney characters?

21stamps

Why are people so against characters and IPs in Animal Kingdom? Characters are literally built into the heart of the park. The actual icon for the park right in the center, the Tree of Life, houses a Bugs Life attraction. The two most popular shows in the park are Lion King and Nemo (Tarzan before that). Dinosaur is (loosely) connected to the movie Dinosaur. There is a land in the park called Rafiki's Planet Watch themed to Rafiki from Lion King. There was a temporary land called Camp Minnie-Mickey themed primarily to classic Disney Characters that also had a Pocahantas show. Beastly Kingdom was planned to have a Fantasia boat ride.

I understand it with Epcot. Even if I personally have no problem with well used Disney Characters in Epcot, I get that the original goal was to not have Disney Characters in that park. So, I understand why people get upset with Disney movie themed rides there.

BUT Animal Kingdom has always been full of Disney Characters. Why do people act like using more Disney Characters would be a tragedy in Animal Kingdom? Why not have a Bambi ride on Discovery Island? Or a Jungle Book Attraction in Asia? Or a parade and/or nighttime show that features Disney's wild characters? As long as it is Animal focused and jungle/forest environments, why not include some Disney characters?

I don't think "most" people do. I think a lot of people on this site don't. There's a difference :)

There's plenty of ranting here about Frozen, but in reality the majority of people- almost all little girls, and plenty of boys, enjoy the new Frozen offerings.

I think more Jungle Book themes would be cute and popular.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom