New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

rle4lunch

Sounds like you need to plan your FPs better. You also had opportunities throughout the day to course correct and chose to be miserable instead. Disney certainly didn't owe you anything for a combination of your own poor planning and their inability to control December weather.

First time I've seen Dinosaur described as a boring, all-ages ride. It's a thrill ride with a height requirement.

Actually, planning FP+ out 60 days beforehand to our "master plan" was the best we could do with the times given to us. I'm not blaming the weather on Disney, nor the fact that animals can stop that type attraction by unforeseen circumstance. It was the fact that the CM's told us to get in line and wait (hearing that it was only gonna take about 20 minutes to clear the ride, 3 separate times from the same dude; 3x20 equals 60 minutes waiting in a FP line, and without them honoring it later in the day is BS).

If you've never heard of Dinosaur being boring, you need to scoot around these discussion threads a little bit more, because I'm certainly not the first or the last to say it.

What I'm saying is that both DAK and DHS are shells of a park, without any meat in the middle.

Slowjack

This park needs Dinoland completely redone. It's like they slapped something together and called it a day (you can still see painted parking spots on the ground, comon'!) It's just as bad as MK's old toontown.
To be clear, the parking spots were painted on as part of creating the area. The idea is that Dino-rama is a old-fashioned traveling carnival that just happens to be at Dinoland USA on the day of your visit. But this is the problem with the theme, that a fond recreation of a cheap carnival is still a cheap carnival, and many guests, such as yourself, will read the area as being even cheaper than it is because they have done such a good job at making it appear like it was built on an existing parking lot.

It kind of goes back to the issue Walt had, why he didn't want the original Disneyland Haunted Mansion facade to look decrepit or abandoned, because it would make the park look badly maintained, even if intentional.

rle4lunch

The insiders can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the parking lines are by design to mimic the carnival atmosphere.

If so, that's dumb. I don't go to freakin Disney to see state fair level stuff. I go to be blown away at the detail, not to see a bunch of scam artist carny games (not being played with their CM's looking bored to tears).

rle4lunch

To be clear, the parking spots were painted on as part of creating the area. The idea is that Dino-rama is a old-fashioned traveling carnival that just happens to be at Dinoland USA on the day of your visit. But this is the problem with the theme, that a fond recreation of a cheap carnival is still a cheap carnival, and many guests, such as yourself, will read the area as being even cheaper than it is because they have done such a good job at making it appear like it was built on an existing parking lot.

It kind of goes back to the issue Walt had, why he didn't want the original Disneyland Haunted Mansion facade to look decrepit or abandoned, because it would make the park look badly maintained, even if intentional.

Yeah, I don't know... Take Carsland for instance, The detail there is amazing and you can recognize the stuff there that's supposed to look rundown. Dinoland, not so much. Why would the even consider a carnival type atmosphere for DAK?? That goes against everything everyone says about DAK being a conservation type park and nature theme. I've hated that part of the park ever since it first opened.

FigmentForver96

Actually, planning FP+ out 60 days beforehand to our "master plan" was the best we could do with the times given to us. I'm not blaming the weather on Disney, nor the fact that animals can stop that type attraction by unforeseen circumstance. It was the fact that the CM's told us to get in line and wait (hearing that it was only gonna take about 20 minutes to clear the ride, 3 separate times from the same dude; 3x20 equals 60 minutes waiting in a FP line, and without them honoring it later in the day is BS).

If you've never heard of Dinosaur being boring, you need to scoot around these discussion threads a little bit more, because I'm certainly not the first or the last to say it.

What I'm saying is that both DAK and DHS are shells of a park, without any meat in the middle.
Yea, there is a small patch of you guys who think the ride is dull. The majority def doesn't think that way. Also the cast members literally do the best they can. They can only give an estimate of the wait and they don't know how fast it will move no more then you do.

rle4lunch

Yea, there is a small patch of you guys who think the ride is dull. The majority def doesn't think that way. Also the cast members literally do the best they can. They can only give an estimate of the wait and they don't know how fast it will move no more then you do.

Then they shouldn't give out arbitrary numbers (especially if they're hooked up to a walkie talkie like our guy was, talking to someone up front every 30 seconds). You under promise and over deliver, not vice versa. If he didn't know, he should say he doesn't have a clue.

FigmentForver96

Then they shouldn't give out arbitrary numbers (especially if they're hooked up to a walkie talkie like our guy was, talking to someone up front every 30 seconds). You under promise and over deliver, not vice versa. If he didn't know, he should say he doesn't have a clue.
You have obviously never worked guest service of any kind because you would know you NEVER say you don't have a clue. But I'm done being off topic

Cesar R M

You forgot about the pew pews.

I really enjoyed A Galactic Spectacular and I recognize that the turnaround time from inception to opening day for that was a lot shorter than Rivers of Light.

If you're saying Rivers of Light is better and Disney is saying it isn't good enough, something doesn't add up to me.
Well, that how is just something that was done before. aka projections and fireworks. (which were done in MK way before)

RSoxNo1

Rohde posted this to instagram. If he is talking about a specific project I assume it's Rivers of Light
15536927_1816808391920917_1170622458_o.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom