New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Cletus

Thanks for cluing me in that all CMs are insincere suck-ups.

"Laurel and Hardy"? HAH-hah... you're old!

Yep, I'm old to some, but that's no secret. I've stated that more than a few times. I was six years old the first time I visited MK in 1971.

My wife and I travel the country to ride coasters to this day, have visited countless countries around the World, visit FL three times a year (quit Disney about 5 years ago due to stagnation), own an RV to go visit National Parks and a whole bunch of other stuff that probably wouldn't interest you. Hell, on our last trip to FL in October, we walked 95.7 miles.

But yeah...I know who Laurel and Hardy are.

Last edited:

djkidkaz

Yep, I'm old to some, but that's no secret. I've stated that more than a few times. I was six years old the first time I visited MK in 1971.

My wife and I travel the country to ride coasters to this day, have visited countless countries around the World, visit FL three times a year (quit Disney about 5 years ago due to stagnation), own an RV to go visit National Parks and a whole bunch of other stuff that probably wouldn't interest you. Hell, on our last trip to FL in October, we walked 95.7 miles.

But yeah...I know who Laurel and Hardy are.

I wonder if Bob just turns to Joe and says "Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into."

prfctlyximprct

2E73CFC8-6E48-4F29-8BF4-84988E96CD06_zpsx0jt65ny.png

Boss seems happy hashtag that ish!

lentesta

Premium Member
Saw the show at Tuesday's CM previews. It's got its moments. I don't think it's good enough to release to paying guests as it is.

The pre-show with the fireflies and animal shadows is great. The introduction of the animal floats is a "wow!" moment. A few of the laser/water effects are too. And the scope and scale of the show match the park - it's the right size and feeling for the Animal Kingdom.

I don't think there's much of a narrative (I'm told that the missing lanterns are part of that, so maybe if those work). The images projected on the water screens are generally blurry. The show pacing is slowwwwwww. And the soundtrack is bland. I said in a blog post that it sounds like they asked a computer to design a typical Disney soundtrack based on the ones they already have, with words about nature.

[ETA: End of the last sentence.]

Last edited:

Kman101

But some of that is just personal preference (sloow and the music). And how would the lanterns make the show any better or more ready? I know it was a promised show element but how can anyone say it needs what it hasn't even had at this point? Is there a glaring spot in the show for the lanterns that sticks out and takes away from the show? I'm trying to get some context.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom