New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

HauntedMansionFLA

It's likely she doesn't. Cast members are some of the last to know and many get their information from the internet. And that sounds like something she would be told to say. They'd know when the date is posted on THE HUB, I would assume.
At least when I was quizzing a nice CM at DAK Wednesday night about ROL and if Bob Iger was at the park because they were taking everyone through the metal detector, she smiled and said the CM's were the last to know of any news.

Daveeeeed

Welcome to Page 399, tonight we wait to get to page 400, where we use our vivid imagination to guess when Rivers of Light will premiere. Nothing is more wonderful than patience--for in a moment, you can experience more waiting and more waiting. But beware... infamous delays have yet to allow Rivers of Light to prevail. Are the powers of our incredible wishes strong enough and heard enough to withstand the evil forces of management? You are about to find out. For we now invite you to join @prfctlyximprct:p and experience patience - a journey beyond your wildest wait -- 3 years.

prfctlyximprct

Welcome to Page 399, tonight we wait to get to page 400, where we use our vivid imagination to guess when Rivers of Light will premiere. Nothing is more wonderful than patience--for in a moment, you can experience more waiting and more waiting. But beware... infamous delays have yet to allow Rivers of Light to prevail. Are the powers of our incredible wishes strong enough and heard enough to withstand the evil forces of management? You are about to find out. For we now invite you to join @prfctlyximprct:p and experience patience - a journey beyond your wildest wait -- 3 years.
Wow I feel o special!!

Two words my friend.

Budget Cuts.

Trust me, I've heard first hand stuff about the problems. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. It's funny though, many CM's said "That's what happens when Disney tries to be creative for once". True story though. Overall, the show the public will see is definitely not what was originally planned, however WDI found that soft spot where they felt guests could enjoy it and where they could implement new show elements from time to time. Trust me, there's been a lot of pyro talk for DAK. And yes, I know many of you all would say "but the animals" but trust me when I say, they have come up with...

OvertheHorizon

I've read conflicting opinions about the music that accompanies this show. For those who have seen it and formed an opinion, how much of your "appreciation" of the music form your overall opinion of the show?

Magic Feather

I've read conflicting opinions about the music that accompanies this show. For those who have seen it and formed an opinion, how much of your "appreciation" of the music form your overall opinion of the show?
Honestly, while minimally effecting my opinion of the show, I love the music, it is personally catchy, but I can see how some people like @lentesta (whose point I can totally understand) found it too much like other soundtracks (namely IlluminNations: RoE) which is honestly true. You could interchange the soundtracks with minimal difference. But I deem it a pro due to the awe inspiring-ness that it brings.

ctxak98

I like the music for Illuminations: Reflections of Earth. But I'm also one of those persons who find the middle portion of RoE to be boring, especially since I've seen it a hundred times (didn't feel that way the first few times). And I've enjoyed bringing first-time guests to Epcot and they enjoy the experience.
I love he middle portion of the music, it's beautiful. The part that's boring is the actual show element. It's almost not enough for it just to be the globe showing images anymore. There's needs to be more going on to keep the audience engaged during that portion.

As for the rivers of light soundtrack I think it's GREAT!!!!! It's fitting to animal kingdom and really captures I think the spirit and message of the park as a whole. And has a nice build to the finale.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I love he middle portion of the music, it's beautiful. The part that's boring is the actual show element. It's almost not enough for it just to be the globe showing images anymore. There's needs to be more going on to keep the audience engaged during that portion..
You tried RoE since then new lasers were programmed to plus the "middle bit"?

ToTBellHop

WHAT? My insider said that it would open in the next twenty years.... Has it been moved forward?;)
They're pulling out all the stops and putting in
IMG_3546.JPG

ToTBellHop

Yes I've seen it 5 times this past week I love that show especially with the special ending right now for the holidays. I think it helps a lot but still needs more
You saw the 17-minute version with the Peace on Earh finale after the first two finales and think it "still needs more"? Perhaps your expectations are unreasonable. PoE makes Wishes look like an 8-year old waving sparklers around.

dreamscometrue

Yes I've seen it 5 times this past week I love that show especially with the special ending right now for the holidays. I think it helps a lot but still needs more
I think seeing anything that many times, changes your perception, even if it's something you very much enjoy. I've seen RoE about once per year for 15 years, so I never have that feeling. Maybe it's the fewer viewings I've had, or it just fits my personality perfectly. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom