New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

dreamfinder912

Just saw it and got to meet Joe Rhode (he was sitting a row over from us with a whole bunch of Disney execs) and I think the show is beautiful and the soundtrack is flawless. Whether those who have children and are expecting Fantasmic 2.0 or something would agree, I couldn't tell you. For me it fits perfectly with Animal Kingdom and is definitely going to be worth the wait.

Rteetz

Twitter reports from tonights preview. Bob Iger was indeed there.

"Finally saw #RiversOfLight and got to meet Joe Rohde! The show is beautiful and is definitely worth the wait."

"Rivers of Light is amazing"

"The music is very illuminations like. I had the feels during and after the show."

"#RiversOfLight was amazing!! So beautiful!"

"Rivers of light is like 20 minutes of the Illuminations globe if the Illuminations globe were something you wanted to watch."

"#RiversofLight at Disney's Animal Kingdom was truly magical. Breathtaking, technological and spellbinding. Thank you Joe rode and team"

"Saw Rivers of Light again. And I'm still blown away. Much better the second time around. This needs to open NOW!"

"Rivers of Light is seriously the most beautiful show I've ever seen. Congratulations opening team & cast on a job well done! Excited for you"

LukeS7

"Finally saw #RiversOfLight and got to meet Joe Rohde! The show is beautiful and is definitely worth the wait."

"The music is very illuminations like. I had the feels during and after the show."

"Rivers of light is like 20 minutes of the Illuminations globe if the Illuminations globe were something you wanted to watch."

"#RiversofLight at Disney's Animal Kingdom was truly magical. Breathtaking, technological and spellbinding. Thank you Joe rode and team"

"Saw Rivers of Light again. And I'm still blown away. Much better the second time around. This needs to open NOW!"

"Rivers of Light is seriously the most beautiful show I've ever seen. Congratulations opening team & cast on a job well done! Excited for you"
Really hoping this bodes well for a January opening...if it's the 22nd or 23rd I may just have to extend my vacation...

Cletus

So, fire makes it not "boring" anymore? And these are CMs Tweeting, knowing that Laurel and Hardy are there in the audience. Gotcha. :D

Last edited:

Notes from Neverland

For those of us not in the know, where/when was the fire added? I've only read some descriptions of what takes place and I'm having a hard time picturing where fire could be added.

Princess Leia

Andddddd it's been pushed back into 2017.

We should take bets on what will open first, Pandora or ROL...winner gets a free Mickey Bar :)
Maybe after? The bioluminescence (I know that's spelled incorrectly, can't remember the right spelling) in Pandora could be a night activity of it's own for a bit. I'd hope that it'd be ready by the summer to open with Pandora, but idk how likely that is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom