New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Nemo14

Wow...
This would not surprise me based on the cluster you know what of information I've heard since the beginning of this show. It's already been a disaster and if this actually comes true heads should roll and let's hope SOMETHING can actually give Disney a wake up call

Then again maybe they'll just use the water to rent out private elite tents on barges for $650.
4771023292_37c1a13975_z.jpg

Notes from Neverland

It kind of boggles my mind that this show has had so many issues getting up and running. Based on what has been said/seen, nothing seems to be that difficult when it comes to the overall show. Self-driving boats shouldn't be that different from a self-driving ride vehicle. Water projections were already mastered years ago with Fantastmic and even more so recently. Either they really botched things in the building phase or there's something else going on here no one is admitting.

Jon81uk

As of now, Disney has publically confirmed it through a multitude of press releases, however, of they are hoping to let this fade into the sunset, don't expect one more word.

I don't think there has been any official press release from Disney about Rivers of Light since they announced the delay last April/May.

brb1006

Heard some very disheartening news on this show tonight that I haven't had time to chase down, so I'm not stating this as fact BUT ... it appears as if RoL may be DOA. It may require a rethinking and new production in which case you may not be seeing it, or those DAK nights, for a long time.
But the soundtrack is so good so far.

brb1006

Remember the issues with the water cannons as well and it being difficult to see the projections especially if any wind was involved.

So many design failures with this it's unreal. Is this really the new Disney?

wouldn't be surprised to see them add drones to the show as flying lanterns
It's moments like this where I wished OLC could have done a show like this. Look at BraviSEAmo!

rioriz

Very sad if this does not debut, Im hoping at some point someone can tell us whats really going on because it seems there is enough there to put something out while still tinkering with the show

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Everything last week seemed to be good for RoL except that there was no previews at the D23 event :rolleyes:. Maybe these new rumors are floating around because some D23 guests are irritated they spent money in hopes of seeing RoL and it didn't happen.

Well if it wasn't on the published itinerary, there's nothing tangible to complain about.

TTA94

Well if it wasn't on the published itinerary, there's nothing tangible to complain about.

I just feel these harsh rumors for RoL is coming from the D23 guests and media assuming that RoL is delayed again and never happening because they didn't get to see it. Possibly they didn't get to see it because of a little hiccup which I believe was meantioned. Doesn't mean it was a major hiccup.

LukeS7

I just feel these harsh rumors for RoL is coming from the D23 guests and media assuming that RoL is delayed again and never happening because they didn't get to see it. Possibly they didn't get to see it because of a little hiccup which I believe was meantioned. Doesn't mean it was a major hiccup.
We can all hope

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
From what I heard the other day....it's still happening. Still some issues but still happening and not as major as before but still, problems. But as I say all the time, grain of salt. Some people need to stop coming in here and saying "LOL ITS NOT HAPPENING!" Literally guys just wait until there is an official announcement.
Outstanding.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom