New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

JAMMYD778

Once again, take with a grain of salt, and this is just the last of many timelines. Sporadic soft opens throughout slow season (no pattern) with official around Spring Break.

Out of interest, when is Spring Break at Disney? As a first time visitor from the UK, I'm hoping to visit late March-early April next year and after following this project for two years now, I'm seriously hoping this is open. Are my chances realistically looking good? :p

Next Big Thing

Out of interest, when is Spring Break at Disney? As a first time visitor from the UK, I'm hoping to visit late March-early April next year and after following this project for two years now, I'm seriously hoping this is open. Are my chances realistically looking good? :p
Spring break at Disney is generally regarded by cast members as a 6 week period from The first week of March all the way to the second week of April. Of course some weeks are busier than others (depending on the year and when Easter is), but schools are out for Spring break at all different times around the country, so normally it's always relatively busy during that period.

officialtom

Spring break at Disney is generally regarded by cast members as a 6 week period from The first week of March all the way to the second week of April. Of course some weeks are busier than others (depending on the year and when Easter is), but schools are out for Spring break at all different times around the country, so normally it's always relatively busy during that period.
Crowds are generally quite low the first week of March. It's one of our go-to weeks just for that reason. The second week onward is insane.

Bob Harlem

At this point, this sounds like the most realistic timeline. Thanks for the information

Next year was always the most likely date since around late July, anyone else who said sooner was just wishful thinking.

The optimistic side says possibly early spring break period (March), the pessimistic side is you'll never hear about the show officially again. (Leaning toward the latter)

Last edited:

TTA94

So confused, I thought they had a preview for upper management last week and everything was looking good? Are we just assuming it's Spring now because nothing was meantioned during D23? Or has there actually been reports of further hiccups over the past week?

21stamps

Is this just a glitch?
IMG_4801.JPG

No Name

I would hazard a guess and say that it's a glitch, the latest time listed when I go and check is 6:40pm

Are you on Decemeber 2nd?

That whole week has park activities scheduled with an implied closing time of 8:30 (Discovery Island Carnivale performs 20 minutes before park close), but the actual listed closing time is still 7:00. Something's gotta change before then in order for it to be consistent, or the Carnivale will be performing for the birds.

LukeS7

Are you on Decemeber 2nd?

That whole week has park activities scheduled with an implied closing time of 8:30 (Discovery Island Carnivale performs 20 minutes before park close), but the actual listed closing time is still 7:00. Something's gotta change before then in order for it to be consistent, or the Carnivale will be performing for the birds.
Yes, I am. I checked on desktop and now again through MDE and the latest time listed for Dec 2nd is 6:40pm. I have no times listed for the Carnivale after the 3rd. Either way, there's a glitch on one of our ends

No Name

Yes, I am. I checked on desktop and now again through MDE and the latest time listed for Dec 2nd is 6:40pm. I have no times listed for the Carnivale after the 3rd. Either way, there's a glitch on one of our ends

Well, actually there's no glitch, ours do match. My bad. I've been checking the calendar nightly, and was assuming they hadn't changed it since last night. But I assumed incorrectly, and my calendar now reads the same as yours.

Which means that, while they had strived to debut RoL the week after Thanksgiving, they will not be doing so. I'll keep checking the calendar every night or two for any new oddities that pop up.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom