New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

TTA94

676B5215-81B6-48F5-B172-3CD09E4EE36E_zpsa8qcug9m.png

I wonder how many people purchased D23 tickets thinking they were going to be the very first to experience RoL lol. Could still happen but it isn't looking promising for them.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
We'll they've cut the hours for the week after New Year. When I started making plans MK was open on our last night (4th Jan) until 10, with emh until midnight. Now, and after the 60 day mark, the park is closing at 8 with emh until 10. Although we hadn't got reservations in MK that are affected, we did plan to leave, go to Beaches & Cream for a fun meal and return around 9 to enjoy emh. Our plans are now up in the air because I need to get an earlier b&c before moving fp times in the afternoon, and the 30 day mark is not that far away. To say I'm annoyed is an understatement. And yet, there aren't schedules out for the parks then either, so it's possible the hours could change back. What to do??? Grrrrrrrr

Sorry, rant over. But does anyone know if they are likely to extend morning hours in the weeks before and after Christmas? They're still showing standard 9am opening, yet I have read that typically they open at 8. Luckily haven't made plans that depend on it, but it would be nice.

Remeber the WDW Marathon is during that week so lots of backstage prep that week to make some of the backstage areas available for the runners.

No Name

Why are we assuming that something exclusive is being shown tomorrow night? Did I miss a post?

The D23 Desitination D event is taking place this weekend, and the schedule says "In-park gathering, theme park admission not required, (details forthcoming)" tomorrow night at 8:00 pm. People speculated that attendees would be getting a first look at RoL, especially with Joe Rohde in town, and especially because Animal Kingdom is closing earlier than usual on that day (so the gatherees will have the park to themselves).

Interestingly enough, that schedule originally said "theme park admission required" instead of not required. And details haven't really "forthcome" since the schedule was posted. So it seems like things have been in flux. Perhaps they originally planned to show RoL, but haven't been able to get it ready in time, and have substituted something else in instead. Maybe I'm wrong on that. Who knows?

I'm not sure how they expect people to come to the gathering without them knowing the location... it's really very strange.

No Name

Oh, I forgot that it says "(optional)" next to the In-Park Gathering on the schedule. As if the rest of the event is mandatory?

The strange wording and lack of detail makes me a bit suspicious. I think they're going to abduct the gatherees.

They will first use live music and performers to lure the people into an enclosed area. Then they'll give them bowl cuts, disguise them with florescent paint, and dress them in military uniforms. And finally, through mind tricks, they'll turn the people into an army of brand advocate zombies.

As is illustrated below. Can't say they didn't warn 'em. Plus, it was "optional."

image.jpeg

DisneyPrincess5

Oh, I forgot that it says "(optional)" next to the In-Park Gathering on the schedule. As if the rest of the event is mandatory?

The strange wording and lack of detail makes me a bit suspicious. I think they're going to abduct the gatherees.

They will first use live music and performers to lure the people into an enclosed area. Then they'll give them bowl cuts, disguise them with florescent paint, and dress them in military uniforms. And finally, through mind tricks, they'll turn the people into an army of brand advocate zombies.

As is illustrated below. Can't say they didn't warn 'em. Plus, it was "optional."

View attachment 175776
I cannot stop laughing :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom