New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

TTA94

Very curious if the D23 guests will indeed be seeing this Sunday? Or at least if that's Disneys plan as long as RoL behaves lol.

TTA94

If it does open Sunday I'm sure social media will be going crazy with spoilers. Unless guest attending will not be allowed phones and such... which I highly doubt and even if they do you know someone will sneak a camera in.

MagicHappens1971

If it does open Sunday I'm sure social media will be going crazy with spoilers. Unless guest attending will not be allowed phones and such... which I highly doubt and even if they do you know someone will sneak a camera in.
If Disney really didn't want people taking pictures they could use metal detectors and make everyone check any recording devices at the entrance. I don't see that happening though

Daveeeeed

Ugh... this is feeling like the 7DMT forum I was following waiting for it to open... :hilarious:

Come on Disney! :D I will be at AK on 12/2!!
It should be open by then. Now SDMT, on the other hand, was a guessing game being that you knew it was already in soft. For ROL we do not know when it will premier with 100% certainty like we did for SDMT. I rode SDMT waiting in the entrance area for 3 hours in order to get to ride it in soft. They lied and said that it was CM testing only, and that wouldn't change. Anyway we got to ride it. RoL again is slightly less unnerving as you don't know when they will have softs.

turnip27

Not sure to file this in the means something / means absolutely nothing category but the week after Thanksgiving the Discovery Island Carnivale is now on at 8.10pm.... although the close time of the park is officially listed as 7pm.

No Name

Not sure to file this in the means something / means absolutely nothing category but the week after Thanksgiving the Discovery Island Carnivale is now on at 8.10pm.... although the close time of the park is officially listed as 7pm.

This is one drawback of fastpass+ and dinner reservations that people often overlook.

Disney isn't simply lazy when it comes to updating their calendar. That may be part of it, but it's not the full story. The real dilemma is that they can't (or shouldn't) shorten park hours for within 60 days from now, because future guests already have things booked during those hours. If Disney were to close the park earlier, people would lose reservations. So the only thing they can do within 60 days is extend hours. Therefore, until they are 100% sure of what time they want the park open until, they don't extend the closing time.

So I'd take what you found as a good sign. It shows that they highly intend to have the park open until 8:30, but they're leaving the official closing time at 7:00 until they're 100% sure that RoL will be ready. In other words, it shows that they plan to premiere RoL soon.

prfctlyximprct

BD84483B-CA1F-449D-8613-2813D4A60454_zpsku9qixdh.png

nickys

Premium Member
This is one drawback of fastpass+ and dinner reservations that people often overlook.

Disney isn't simply lazy when it comes to updating their calendar. That may be part of it, but it's not the full story. The real dilemma is that they can't (or shouldn't) shorten park hours for within 60 days from now, because future guests already have things booked during those hours. If Disney were to close the park earlier, people would lose reservations. So the only thing they can do within 60 days is extend hours. Therefore, until they are 100% sure of what time they want the park open until, they don't extend the closing time.

So I'd take what you found as a good sign. It shows that they highly intend to have the park open until 8:30, but they're leaving the official closing time at 7:00 until they're 100% sure that RoL will be ready. In other words, it shows that they plan to premiere RoL soon.

We'll they've cut the hours for the week after New Year. When I started making plans MK was open on our last night (4th Jan) until 10, with emh until midnight. Now, and after the 60 day mark, the park is closing at 8 with emh until 10. Although we hadn't got reservations in MK that are affected, we did plan to leave, go to Beaches & Cream for a fun meal and return around 9 to enjoy emh. Our plans are now up in the air because I need to get an earlier b&c before moving fp times in the afternoon, and the 30 day mark is not that far away. To say I'm annoyed is an understatement. And yet, there aren't schedules out for the parks then either, so it's possible the hours could change back. What to do??? Grrrrrrrr

Sorry, rant over. But does anyone know if they are likely to extend morning hours in the weeks before and after Christmas? They're still showing standard 9am opening, yet I have read that typically they open at 8. Luckily haven't made plans that depend on it, but it would be nice.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If Disney really didn't want people taking pictures they could use metal detectors and make everyone check any recording devices at the entrance. I don't see that happening though

You're not thinking like a TDO executive. Metal detectors and banning recording devices = lockers = $$$!!!! It's a quick boost to the bottom line with a minimal investment on their part. They could even tie it into your MagicBand 2.0 - MORE MAGIC!!!! It's genius!! Bonus-worthy!!! :banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom