New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

prfctlyximprct

LOL! Personally, based upon the depth and scale of your devotion to this project, I think that the Imagineers should put you on one of the acolytes boats for this show.

This is starting to remind me of how crazy the forums were for the debut of the 7DMT. That equated to months of insanity.
LOL Right! I should at least be a special guest in the show when it does debut!

When you stalk the imagineers to the point where they know who the heck you are, it's pretty scary.

I may say I'm throwing in the towel but deep down y'all know...Still pulling for first week of November! COME ON RIVERS OF LIGHT!! :)

ABQ

180 days from today is April 11. 20 days from April 11 is May 1. 20 days from today is November 2. Therefore 180 days from November 2 is May 1.
Oh, ok, gotcha. I was doing the math inverted from how you were calculating and coming up all confused.

ABQ

Yeah. I had a twelve month calendar in front of me, so started counting days with my finger.
Earlier I just threw a formula into Excel which gave me the April 11 day as 180 from today and never considered what the exact date for 05/01/2017 - 180. glad someone did though.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

JohnD

From Disney's planning standpoint, they need to allow 190 days out to allow for resort guests and their "180+10" booking windows.

So 190 days from May 1 is Oct 23.

-Rob

True, I was looking at it the other way. If you book a resort stay starting on May 1, you could book 180+10 ADRs (May 1 - 10) all on November 2.

JAMMYD778

I'm pretty sure the May 1st date with regards to the dining packages was referencing May of this year. If I recall correctly that web page was live prior to the original delay in April of this year and most likely was made live today either as a test or by accident. The contents of the web page are most likely the same as earlier this year and have most likely just not been updated.

Regardless, I'm hoping this show premiere's soon. The anticipation is immense. :p

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

LOL Right! I should at least be a special guest in the show when it does debut!

When you stalk the imagineers to the point where they know who the heck you are, it's pretty scary.

I may say I'm throwing in the towel but deep down y'all know...Still pulling for first week of November! COME ON RIVERS OF LIGHT!! :)
Just got my FP for December!!!

Jeffxz

I'm pretty sure the May 1st date with regards to the dining packages was referencing May of this year. If I recall correctly that web page was live prior to the original delay in April of this year and most likely was made live today either as a test or by accident. The contents of the web page are most likely the same as earlier this year and have most likely just not been updated.

Regardless, I'm hoping this show premiere's soon. The anticipation is immense. :p

This makes the most sense right now. I assume the reason Tiffins wasn't included on this page is because it wasn't going to be open on May 1st, 2016.

IMDREW

I saw the tumbnail of rivers of light and got so excited and thought 'THIS IS IT!!!' But got a near heartattack when i read the may date. This show better be good! Because if its not i will be very very depressed :(

prfctlyximprct

I don't think it's an old page. Why would it be avavilable today? Why would flame tree be on it when it wasn't there before? Why would they be offering an intricate wooden gazebo when that wasn't around in April? Somebody done messed up at Disney. Let's hope for announcement of anything soon.

Jeffxz

I don't think it's an old page. Why would it be avavilable today? Why would flame tree be on it when it wasn't there before? Why would they be offering an intricate wooden gazebo when that wasn't around in April? Somebody done messed up at Disney. Let's hope for announcement of anything soon.

Take a look at this post made on Feb 27th, 2016 from disboards, it contains the exact same description.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/rol-dining-packages-to-begin-5-1-pricing-info-ftb-too.3487651/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom