New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, March 10. The main show building now has exterior paint and much of the scaffolding has been removed.

IMG_7537.JPG

IMG_7534.JPG

Another show building on the same side of the lake has been painted.

IMG_7530.JPG

Across the pathway, construction walls surround the recently opened Thirsty River Bar kiosk.

IMG_7525.JPG

However, both sides are still open, accessed through this passage between the construction walls.

IMG_7526.JPG

Behind the construction wall, landscaping and pavement are being changed.

IMG_7528.JPG

This globe light has a different "globe." Facing the "show" side is a honeycombed opening.

IMG_7536.JPG

flyerjab

Photo update as of Thursday, March 10. The main show building now has exterior paint and much of the scaffolding has been removed.

View attachment 133765

View attachment 133766

View attachment 133767

Across the pathway, construction walls surround the recently opened Thirsty River Bar kiosk.

View attachment 133768

However, both sides are still open, accessed through this passage between the construction walls.

View attachment 133769

View attachment 133770

This globe light has a different "globe." Facing the "show" side is a honeycombed opening.

View attachment 133771

I know that there has been a lot to complain about lately with Disney increasing prices on everything, but this looks tremendous. Thanks for these photos (and a break from the madness) @WDWtraveler.

TTA94

View attachment 133765

View attachment 133766

View attachment 133767

View attachment 133768

View attachment 133769

View attachment 133770

View attachment 133771

What's the honeycomb for?

HauntedMansionFLA

View attachment 133765

View attachment 133766

View attachment 133767

View attachment 133768

View attachment 133769

View attachment 133770

View attachment 133771
Thank you so much for posting such wonderful pictures. I know we all appreciate you letting us see the progress (through pictures) of what's happening at DAK. Thanks again!

prfctlyximprct

Wow. Literally blown away by the detailing. I cannot wait for this show!! This area looks stunningly beautiful. I wasn't sure if I was OK with the Expedition Everest sight line changing, but all this does is enhance the overall atomsphere. My breath is already taken away, I can't imagine how amazing this show is going to be. Animal Kingdom :inlove::inlove::inlove:

cjkeating

View attachment 133765

View attachment 133766

View attachment 133767

View attachment 133768

View attachment 133769

View attachment 133770

View attachment 133771

Great photos!

I wonder if they are adding seating near the Thirsty River bar?

Also I like that they are still doing work to theme the theatre infrastructure such as the globe lights. The show buildings look stunning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom