New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

TTA94

With the video Disney posted today I'm assuming that included a lot of early testing shots? The projections didn't seem very clear, and the color of the fountains didn't look as bright as WoC? Regardless it's sounding pretty awesome!

ToTBellHop

I was lucky enough to attend a career fair presentation today by a project manager with WDI who works on Animal Kingdom, and he shared some Rivers of Life information.

He specifically said the theater was designed for 5,000 guests a show with the intention of 3 shows a night, with the intention of extending park hours to 11pm or later.

When he was talking about the physical elements of the show, he said that the lanterns on the water seen in the concept art are basically gps controlled mini boats that can be used to make patterns in the water, and that there would be approximately 150 of them in the show.

Also, he mentioned something about water screens and projections coming from moving boats, not just stationary barges. It seems to me that the shot of the bear running across the water in the youtube video could be one of these moving screens.

He seemed very excited about the show, as well as everything else happening to the park. His project is Avatar, so he mostly talked about that. All very cool.
Thanks. 5000 is the capacity I heard, too (think I mentioned that a few days back). 15,000 total capacity seems reasonable for the park.

Maerj

Any thoughts on what time this show will start? I ask because we have dinner reservations at Boma at 6:15. If it starts later than that, that'll be fine, we can go back to the park.

twebber55

I was lucky enough to attend a career fair presentation today by a project manager with WDI who works on Animal Kingdom, and he shared some Rivers of Life information.

He specifically said the theater was designed for 5,000 guests a show with 3 shows a night, with the intention of extending park hours to 11pm or later.

When he was talking about the physical elements of the show, he said that the lanterns on the water seen in the concept art are basically gps controlled mini boats that can be used to make patterns in the water, and that there would be approximately 150 of them in the show.

Also, he mentioned something about water screens and projections coming from moving boats, not just stationary barges. It seems to me that the shot of the bear running across the water in the youtube video could be one of these moving screens.

He seemed very excited about the show, as well as everything else happening to the park. His project is Avatar, so he mostly talked about that. All very cool.
any word on avatar that you can share

MagicHappens1971

Is the concept of the Tree Of Life 'Glowing" still happening??
Yes. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/animal-kingdom/animal-kingdom-night/
It's called Nighttime Awakenings
"After the sun sets, animal spirits within the great tree come alive and reveal themselves in mesmerizing color and light.
During the evening hours, pay special attention to the Tree of Life at the center of Disney’s Animal Kingdom park. At various times, flickering fireflies magically appear and awaken the wondrous animals spirits carved into the tree’s towering trunk—bringing to light a stunning visual extravaganza swarming with vivid color and animated imagery.
Witness a graceful young doe embark on a thrilling cross-country journey. Behold love blossoming between 2 hummingbirds. See a spry fox spreading gifts of love among the denizens of a wintry forest. A feast for the eyes, each approximately 3-minute-long revelation celebrates the eternal balance and harmony that exists in all living things, big or small, and is sure to inspire and delight the entire family, big and small."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom