New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Do you think it will open only in June ?? I mean the viewing sections is nearing completion as of now... can't see why it would not be open by april at the latest ...

JoeCamel

They could theme the speakers if they wanted to

2016-02-16 09.53.56.jpg

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I've been hearing about the cuts in budget and CMs at WDW due to Shanghai Disneyland.. Will that effect RoL?

Sure seems like it will because AK closes before dark according to the new published schedules for this summer, Only thing I can think of is RoL will be an upcharge only event now.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Sure seems like it will because AK closes before dark according to the new published schedules for this summer, Only thing I can think of is RoL will be an upcharge only event now.

Here you go making something up again. You have no real knowledge that this is going to be an upcharge event and you make this up to have something to complain about. Please if you are going to complain, do not make things up. You know Disney changes those schedules all the time.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Here you go making something up again. You have no real knowledge that this is going to be an upcharge event and you make this up to have something to complain about. Please if you are going to complain, do not make things up. You know Disney changes those schedules all the time.

They only change the schedules when 2 or 3 people here uncover their nefarious plots to run WDW into the ground, whilst fleecing it's guests. If it wasn't for the noble work done by Ford, and a select cadre of truth crusaders on WDWMagic, Walt Disney World would be closed, pretty much. I for one thank these men and women for the work they do. Without them, we would have no clue the lengths to which TDO would go to desecrate Walt's Legacy Resort!

jrhwdw

They only change the schedules when 2 or 3 people here uncover their nefarious plots to run WDW into the ground, whilst fleecing it's guests. If it wasn't for the noble work done by Ford, and a select cadre of truth crusaders on WDWMagic, Walt Disney World would be closed, pretty much. I for one thank these men and women for the work they do. Without them, we would have no clue the lengths to which TDO would go to desecrate Walt's Legacy Resort!
Here's a thought, Let's wait and see when ROL's date is announced and if AK's hours don't change, THEN we can play the up charge card.

I will admit however, it would be nice to get some new news on ROL from DPB.

ToTBellHop

Here's a thought, Let's wait and see when ROL's date is announced and if AK's hours don't change, THEN we can play the up charge card.

I will admit however, it would be nice to get some new news on ROL from DPB.
People will see it next month and it won't require any more than a day ticket to see (though there will be dining packages available like Fantasmic).

Good?

SpectroMan93

Beautiful poster. Subtle and understated compared to poster work done for other nighttime entertainment.

After more instagram searching, I found that Attractions Magazine posted a picture from the annual passholder newsletter that gives details on the show, including how it begins and ends. I don't know if this has been posted before but here's the excerpt:

"Taking place on the Discovery River, the show employs state-of-the-art projection effects, water screens, magical floating lanterns, live performance, music and shadow puppetry. It begins with two pairs of mystical hosts making their way to the river offering the gift of light.

Lotus lanterns open up to transform into beautiful fountains. Four huge, amazing animal figures - an owl, tiger, turtle, and elephant - appear and morph as their animal spirits awaken and come to life on the water screens. The hosts, the embodiment of fire and water, return and the dramatic finish includes the animals flying out and literally painting the aurora all around you in an almost dreamlike panorama."

peter11435

Not necessarily. The 'Behind the Steams' tour is a comprehensive and enjoyable few hours, and is very reasonably priced. :)
There is no comparison between a few hour tour of the trains and what ABD offers. This is a week long experience with accommodations, dining, transportation, a private guide, and exclusive experiences.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom