New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

ToTBellHop

This is a good question that we don't have an answer to yet.
It doesn't have to be someone recognizable. I sometimes find that to be distracting (like, I would argue, NPH in World of Color). The only voice I recognize at WDW shows is the guy for IllumiNations, who also voices Pooh. Is the woman for Fantasmic anyone famous?

note2001

New video that came out yesterday on youtube, seems to confirm fountains.

We know there will be fountains, but this itself doesn't have the spray of a fountain. My first thought is it looks like the spray from the fire boats that go off in the harbor every holiday. Are there fire floats involved with this show?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
We know there will be fountains, but this itself doesn't have the spray of a fountain. My first thought is it looks like the spray from the fire boats that go off in the harbor every holiday. Are there fire floats involved with this show?

It might be some sort of water screen.

roj2323

would say that it is fresh<read treated> water from the shore and not from a pickup pump offshore

There are at least 3 Large diameter (10 or 12") plastic pipes that were run down the river to an off stage area about a year ago. I noticed them because they were floating for the first month or so after they were installed. They run along the left side (Everest side) of the river. I presume they were filled with water and then mounted to the bottom or side of the river bank.

Cesar R M

some photos I took. I hope you guys like.

Sadly, was always rushing to get to our attractions, it was packed yesterday!

DSC_291420160102.JPG
DSC_291620160102.JPG
DSC_291920160102.JPG
DSC_294120160102.JPG
DSC_294220160102.JPG
DSC_296520160102.JPG
DSC_296720160102.JPG
DSC_296820160102.JPG
DSC_297020160102.JPG

thats the power of a 600mm lens.

Luxe

Just a few quick shots of construction. Walking across the bridge from Asia to Dinoland and noticed they had about 4 or 5 squares conveniently cut out in the screening. Peeked through and noticed lots of activity and workers shuffling around. Rock work being done on the building as can be seen in the last pic. Not the best quality but it's from my phone camera.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    198.5 KB · Views: 272
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    189 KB · Views: 270
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 263

Unomas

Seating seems pretty limited for this show. I guess I was thinking more like Fantasmic. Are their multiple seating locations and/or can the show be viewed from other locations?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Seating seems pretty limited for this show. I guess I was thinking more like Fantasmic. Are their multiple seating locations and/or can the show be viewed from other locations?

Yes, the seating are is pretty small. I think I estimated to be about 1/10th of Fantasmic seating. There will be some places on the path around the lagoon where it you can see it, but I am not sure how much space will have a really clear view.

twebber55

Yes, the seating are is pretty small. I think I estimated to be about 1/10th of Fantasmic seating. There will be some places on the path around the lagoon where it you can see it, but I am not sure how much space will have a really clear view.
gotta think multiple shows a night
also im wondering if those seating areas will be FP only

ABQ

As much as I loved watching the Jingle Jungle Parade during the xmas season, the park is just not good for parades. Just too hard to navigate. I can't imagine how bad it would be at night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom